Are you familiar with this training technique?

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
I subscribed on U-tube to Zak Georgeā€™s dog training. He uses the clicker and reward method. It appears that heā€™s very successful. Iā€™ve not owned an English bulldog before but I was thinking of going this route with my new puppy... advice?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have never done the clicker method but it's worth a try. Bulldogs can be very stubborn and do what they want when they want. They are normally very food motivated so I use treats for praise during training.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I haven't seen those videos but did actually try clicker training when Castor was a pup. Clicker training is quite common here but bulldogs are not, so I have no idea how well it can work on bulldogs! For us it didn't work at all as I was bad at timing the clicking. The thing is, you need to click at the right moment, not too late. A bag of treats works much better for us!

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
I just let Ralph be a dog, he's house trained and awesome off the lead, stubborn sometimes, but i let him get on with his life, for his life span, he could get away with Murder in my eyes :-) 6.png 7.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™ve never done clicker... timing is critical on it but it is a very successful technique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online