OP
jool92

jool92

Oct 4, 2019
Country
Poland
Bulldog(s) Names
Buba
Thank you once again for the advice, everyone! We'll try this and that and see how it goes. It's not a very huge problem for us since we know it will pass sooner or later no matter what. :) as for now, she left the poo this morning between 3 and 4 (I think I woke her up on my way to the toilet), but didn't have an accident the previous night. So for now her waking up seems to be the most probable reason.

Anyway, I'm also wondering if this small setback could be due to teething, her molars seem to be erupting now.

I think it would be too early for adolescence? When did your bullies go through it (if at all)? There's a lot contrary information on the internet regarding the age when it can hit. :hmm:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you once again for the advice, everyone! We'll try this and that and see how it goes. It's not a very huge problem for us since we know it will pass sooner or later no matter what. :) as for now, she left the poo this morning between 3 and 4 (I think I woke her up on my way to the toilet), but didn't have an accident the previous night. So for now her waking up seems to be the most probable reason.

Anyway, I'm also wondering if this small setback could be due to teething, her molars seem to be erupting now.

I think it would be too early for adolescence? When did your bullies go through it (if at all)? There's a lot contrary information on the internet regarding the age when it can hit. :hmm:

Has nothing to do with teething or molars etc... it’s all about what sits in the belly. All about what time you’re feed n quantity. Simply adjustment needed. :)

OP
jool92

jool92

Oct 4, 2019
Country
Poland
Bulldog(s) Names
Buba
A small update: we changed the time of her last meal to 5 pm and we also take her water bowl 2 hours before sleep. We wanted to be ready to catch her in the act so we slept with her on the living room couch for the past two nights. She didn't wake up and we went to potty as usual, at 6 am. This night we didn't sleep with her and we heard her quiet squeals just before 5 am. Took her out, she did both no. 1 and 2. Still not sure if it's a question of feeding times or did she simply start to wake up around five (although as I said, she went back to sleep and she still sleeps in the morning until ~9 am). Guess we'll never know the reason ;)

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
She is stunning :-) i had to put up with pee and poo for months, it was hell on earth! we had just spent 600k on a new house and Ralph was destroying it! but we came through the other end! he is now a dream :-) good luck 9.jpg10.jpg

OP
jool92

jool92

Oct 4, 2019
Country
Poland
Bulldog(s) Names
Buba
Oh, Ralph is a cutie as well! It's amazing how it all simply clicks one moment and you can see, from this bigger perspective, how small of a deal those accidents at home were. Although destroying a 600k house will have a more lasting effect, I imagine :lol:

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
It was just materialistic stuff like the carpet, table, sofa skirting boards, but he soon learnt that it was naughty and then he see me as easy pray, and i took the full force of those sharp teeth :-) but these days give him and football and that's him sorted.

OP
jool92

jool92

Oct 4, 2019
Country
Poland
Bulldog(s) Names
Buba
A small update: it's been a month and the accidents have been happening on and off. I don't really remember the last time she slept until 6 am and there was no accident. However, a number of times, when I wake up a little bit before 6 am, 5.50 even, and she's still asleep, she simply cuddles up on my lap and sleeps until we take her potty. Also, sometimes we sleep with her on the living room couch. That's when she sleeps soundly all night and it's us who have to wake her up for potty. I don't think the problem has anything to do with her sleeping on her own, because when we go to sleep in our bedroom, she's perfectly fine in her own bed. Not a sound from her. We changed her schedule as you suggested, her last meal is now at 5 pm, we take her water at 7 pm and the last potty break is at 10-10.30 pm. We wake up at 6 am. She's 6 mo now and even before that she was able to hold it overnight. Well, she still is, when we sleep with her. But it's been going on for so long, I really struggle to find the cause of this behavior. Other than that, she doesn't have any accidents at home. Could it be that she sleeps deeper when We're with her? If so, how can we make her sleep deeper when alone? If possible at all...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
An take time. Not one is the same. I recall leaving my previous EB in my bed never had issues. They get comfortable in our beds and they won’t bother getting up. In a way it’s good as it trains the insides as a schedule. After a few months he’ll be toilet trained.

OP
jool92

jool92

Oct 4, 2019
Country
Poland
Bulldog(s) Names
Buba
We've been debating whether sleeping with us teaches her to be dependent and maybe it would be better to make her sleep alone ��

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We've been debating whether sleeping with us teaches her to be dependent and maybe it would be better to make her sleep alone ��

Give her a dirty tshirt so she has your scent with her... see it that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jool92

jool92

Oct 4, 2019
Country
Poland
Bulldog(s) Names
Buba
We just did last night! But we woke up at 5 thinking we heard her (we didn't, she was asleep :lol:) so we were able to prevent any accident :lol: Anyway, she slept till 5, and would probably sleep more were it not for our overreaction :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We just did last night! But we woke up at 5 thinking we heard her (we didn't, she was asleep :lol:) so we were able to prevent any accident :lol: Anyway, she slept till 5, and would probably sleep more were it not for our overreaction :D

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We've been debating whether sleeping with us teaches her to be dependent and maybe it would be better to make her sleep alone 🤔

I don't think co-sleeping can be a bad thing as long as all parties involved like it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online