Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kobieski
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 5 mo puppy suddenly poops at night

Great advice!

It happens, sometimes.....my boy is 31 months, it still happens sometimes. It’s usually when he eats dinner late.

I’ve realise I’m really lucky! He sleep with me in the bedroom, when he need to “go” just jumps on the bed, it a half jump. Only front paws up. He’ll do it once or twice, sit on the floor near my face, telling he need to go. Ya, he doesn’t care about disturbing my sleep, but I don’t mind it, because there is nothing to clean. He’s been doing this after the first two weeks of housebreaking.

Maybe you should keep Buba with you in the bedroom!

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kobieski
    Likes (Received)

Same here, just like helsonwheels. Crate is open 24/7, he loves to go in for some cozy time. When I go out, I always keep him in my bedroom, which is large.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    When I had only one dog, I never crated any of them. If I left the house the pup was enclosed in a room. But when you have 2 dogs n more, you might think differently. My crate is open 24/7 they love to sleep in it. Like their little safe place. Nyala as most knows she can be bossy. When I got Jake, there was no way I would of trust her alone with him while Iím gone out. They would do that stare..wham...fight! Took a few months to correct both so they can trust n learn to live with one another. I can now leave both together. Also, not easy for young pups or rescues to roam freely in a home thatís not trained to your liking. A crate can also be for their safety. I just read a young pup chewed on an electric cord which zapped his gums n affected his lungs. He needed surgery.
    I see what you mean, but people here who have several dogs just keep them in separate rooms if needed. Closed crates is simply not an option in Sweden if you follow the law. I see the benefit of a safe space, but to crate a dog to hinder unwanted behaviour usually means that the crate door is closed, and there different countries have different regulations!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

4. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buba
    Likes (Received)

Thank you once again for the advice, everyone! We'll try this and that and see how it goes. It's not a very huge problem for us since we know it will pass sooner or later no matter what. as for now, she left the poo this morning between 3 and 4 (I think I woke her up on my way to the toilet), but didn't have an accident the previous night. So for now her waking up seems to be the most probable reason.

Anyway, I'm also wondering if this small setback could be due to teething, her molars seem to be erupting now.

I think it would be too early for adolescence? When did your bullies go through it (if at all)? There's a lot contrary information on the internet regarding the age when it can hit.

6. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jool92 View Post
    Thank you once again for the advice, everyone! We'll try this and that and see how it goes. It's not a very huge problem for us since we know it will pass sooner or later no matter what. as for now, she left the poo this morning between 3 and 4 (I think I woke her up on my way to the toilet), but didn't have an accident the previous night. So for now her waking up seems to be the most probable reason.

Anyway, I'm also wondering if this small setback could be due to teething, her molars seem to be erupting now.

I think it would be too early for adolescence? When did your bullies go through it (if at all)? There's a lot contrary information on the internet regarding the age when it can hit.
    Has nothing to do with teething or molars etc... it’s all about what sits in the belly. All about what time you’re feed n quantity. Simply adjustment needed.

8. Likes jool92 liked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buba
    Likes (Received)

A small update: we changed the time of her last meal to 5 pm and we also take her water bowl 2 hours before sleep. We wanted to be ready to catch her in the act so we slept with her on the living room couch for the past two nights. She didn't wake up and we went to potty as usual, at 6 am. This night we didn't sleep with her and we heard her quiet squeals just before 5 am. Took her out, she did both no. 1 and 2. Still not sure if it's a question of feeding times or did she simply start to wake up around five (although as I said, she went back to sleep and she still sleeps in the morning until ~9 am). Guess we'll never know the reason

Pooper scooper
    Country
    UK
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ralph
    Likes (Received)

She is stunning :-) i had to put up with pee and poo for months, it was hell on earth! we had just spent 600k on a new house and Ralph was destroying it! but we came through the other end! he is now a dream :-) good luck-9-jpg-10-jpg

11. Likes jool92, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buba
    Likes (Received)

Oh, Ralph is a cutie as well! It's amazing how it all simply clicks one moment and you can see, from this bigger perspective, how small of a deal those accidents at home were. Although destroying a 600k house will have a more lasting effect, I imagine

Pooper scooper
    Country
    UK
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ralph
    Likes (Received)

It was just materialistic stuff like the carpet, table, sofa skirting boards, but he soon learnt that it was naughty and then he see me as easy pray, and i took the full force of those sharp teeth :-) but these days give him and football and that's him sorted.

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buba
    Likes (Received)

A small update: it's been a month and the accidents have been happening on and off. I don't really remember the last time she slept until 6 am and there was no accident. However, a number of times, when I wake up a little bit before 6 am, 5.50 even, and she's still asleep, she simply cuddles up on my lap and sleeps until we take her potty. Also, sometimes we sleep with her on the living room couch. That's when she sleeps soundly all night and it's us who have to wake her up for potty. I don't think the problem has anything to do with her sleeping on her own, because when we go to sleep in our bedroom, she's perfectly fine in her own bed. Not a sound from her. We changed her schedule as you suggested, her last meal is now at 5 pm, we take her water at 7 pm and the last potty break is at 10-10.30 pm. We wake up at 6 am. She's 6 mo now and even before that she was able to hold it overnight. Well, she still is, when we sleep with her. But it's been going on for so long, I really struggle to find the cause of this behavior. Other than that, she doesn't have any accidents at home. Could it be that she sleeps deeper when We're with her? If so, how can we make her sleep deeper when alone? If possible at all...

16. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

An take time. Not one is the same. I recall leaving my previous EB in my bed never had issues. They get comfortable in our beds and they won’t bother getting up. In a way it’s good as it trains the insides as a schedule. After a few months he’ll be toilet trained.

Country
    Poland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buba
    Likes (Received)

We've been debating whether sleeping with us teaches her to be dependent and maybe it would be better to make her sleep alone ��

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads