Herschel Holds A Grudge, Doesn't Like New Puppy...

Coach

Dec 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel
We got an 8 week old female pit on Monday. The first 3 days were bliss. They played and everything seemed good and then it happened, Herschel attacked. She may have bit him while he was lying down to start it off but now he has tried to get to her while we are just sitting around watching T.V. Luckily I saw it coming and my wife removed him just as he started.

We had 3 other dogs that have passed. In the beginning Herschel was good with all of them. 1 day at about a year old he snapped and would battle 2 of the 3 at the drop of a hat. We kept them separated and that solved that. He was always great with his long time friend that passed about 2 months ago.

Herschel doesn't let things go. Whatever Ceasar says about dogs and grudges is phooee. I'm concerned this outburst of his is going to carry on for a long time. It's been a long time and I'm not quit sure what to do so that these 2 can co-exist.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am a firm believer in dogs holding grudges! I saw it first hand a few times with our rescue Schnauzer (Max) and a stray (Pluto) we adopted, that had to be the happiest dog ever. The Schnauzer didn't see it that way! Max would attack and it was only when Pluto grew up and put Max in his place a couple of times that it stopped. They would still have the odd skirmish but nothing serious. We always kept water handy to throw on them and it did the trick. Now, when we had two females that didn't see eye to eye, it was so bad we had to rehome one of them. They seriously hold a grudge and the fights were horrendous.
I do hope you can work it out but it may be that now Herschel prefers to be an only dog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Walks, and more walks. Get them to pack up and make sure they know you are boss... nothing in life is free will help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online