House training is not working

obes22

Mar 12, 2018
Cape Cod USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, Marge (RIP)
Anyone have any pointers on house training our male bulldog. He will be 10 months old on 11/28. Louie will go outside and pee 2-3 times before coming back in and then within 10 minutes will pee inside the house, usually in the kitchen. This is a constant battle and seems to be a few times a day. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s is behavioral because we have 2 other dogs in the house. Iā€™m wondering if maybe heā€™s marking. Sometimes he will pee on one of their beds or in the room the other 2 dogs sleep. But either way he seems to not be able to hold his bladder at all and has to be in the crate more then we and he wants. I was holding off on getting him fixed, but wonder if I should go ahead and do it. Anyone have any success training their bully. We do everything your supposed to do ei take him out after naps, playing, eating etc. and nothing seems to work.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Sounds like marking to me. Louie used to do the same thing around that age and mark in the house, the trash can, the toy box, the bed, etc. he got neutered a little after 11 months and hasnā€™t marked in the house since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=18132]obes22[/MENTION] I agree-since you have the two other dogs in the house-he is "claiming" everything. It would be a good idea to have him checked for a uti, and if okay, have him neutered. Wash(or discard) everything he has peed on, and start fresh,once he is neutered.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with t the gang.... definitely marking

OP
O

obes22

Mar 12, 2018
Cape Cod USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, Marge (RIP)
We did have him tested for a UTI and his white blood cells were a little high but not pointing at a UTI. After talking with vet today I made the appointment to have him nuetured. I was hoping to hold off till 12 months but it doesnā€™t look like thatā€™ll happen.

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
I liked the book ā€œHouse Break Your Dog In Seven Daysā€ it worked for me.

Iā€™ve changed the poop placed twice,in five months, nevertheless he knows where is has to go; we havenā€™t had accidents for a long time, he is seven months.

Hope the book helps! Accidents are quite frustrating!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.