Out of control

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That worked with Banks... we would pick up her vibration collar and she would settle in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
That worked with Banks... we would pick up her vibration collar and she would settle in

Like....wait till your dad gets home
Mind you even saying that doesnā€™t work anymore lolll

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Like....wait till your dad gets home
Mind you even saying that doesnā€™t work anymore lolll

So very true

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Family came over yesterday. Louie had a rough start. I had each person ring the doorbell one at a time at couple minute intervals. He definitely needed the pinch collar on. But I was making him sit before people were allowed to pet him so then he would go up to someone and sit on his own for attention. Once everyone came in, he calmed down. He didnā€™t jump on anyone as they sat on the couch! And...after awhile we were able to take the collar off! Everyone commented on what a difference it was with him from before and everyone had a good time without getting bulldozed.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Family came over yesterday. Louie had a rough start. I had each person ring the doorbell one at a time at couple minute intervals. He definitely needed the pinch collar on. But I was making him sit before people were allowed to pet him so then he would go up to someone and sit on his own for attention. Once everyone came in, he calmed down. He didnā€™t jump on anyone as they sat on the couch! And...after awhile we were able to take the collar off! Everyone commented on what a difference it was with him from before and everyone had a good time without getting bulldozed.

Great news! Progress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

That's AWESOME !!!!! Way to go Louie !!!

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan šŸ‘¼šŸ»šŸŒˆ(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Might have to get one of those pinch collar for Logan. So hard to have guests around cause he goes crazy lol. Brett is a little calmer than Logan but both doesnā€™t stop bothering the guests. Lol. Theyā€™ll bark, jump on them & with Logan, pees too cause excitement. Any suggestion which to get? Iā€™m worried about those things hurting my babies. Thanks

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Might have to get one of those pinch collar for Logan. So hard to have guests around cause he goes crazy lol. Brett is a little calmer than Logan but both doesnā€™t stop bothering the guests. Lol. Theyā€™ll bark, jump on them & with Logan, pees too cause excitement. Any suggestion which to get? Iā€™m worried about those things hurting my babies. Thanks

The Herm Sprenger (I think thatā€™s the name) is what was recommended to me by the trainer. You can order online from Chewy. As long as itā€™s used correctly, it wonā€™t hurt them. You could watch some Youtube videos on proper use or get a trainer to come in.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Herm Sprenger (I think thatā€™s the name) is what was recommended to me by the trainer. You can order online from Chewy. As long as itā€™s used correctly, it wonā€™t hurt them. You could watch some Youtube videos on proper use or get a trainer to come in.

Yesā€”- that is the name

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I can't believe I missed this thread... I NEED something for Willow, she is totally OUT of control!!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I can't believe I missed this thread... I NEED something for Willow, she is totally OUT of control!!!

Louie is sooo much better! He still has his jerky moments but I donā€™t regret the trainer or pinch collar. I do have a remote collar as well that he wears with the pinch collar when people come over but heā€™s been doing so well and I can take it off fairly quickly.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Louie is sooo much better! He still has his jerky moments but I donā€™t regret the trainer or pinch collar. I do have a remote collar as well that he wears with the pinch collar when people come over but heā€™s been doing so well and I can take it off fairly quickly.

After the holiday madness, I'm going to get a trainer for Willow... and we are going to start this process w/her. It's been a LONG time coming unfortunately...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Since in the past, I have had large dogs, I have always trained with a Herm Sprenger training collar. Whenever I take Maude, and Martha to the Vet, they wear them, and walk properly. I do not want to be pulled everywhere, or have them get into another dog's face, as they thing everyone loves them. The others don't really need it. They do not hurt the dogs, as it is just a quick pull and release. Easy to learn to use it.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.