Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It will be a "Welcome home!" for Louie! He will be quite excited to be at his home. Jax will be happy to see him,too, even if he wouldn't admit it! Let us know if he learned anything!:yes:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
The King is home!!

So last night went a million times better than expected. Tracy brought Louie inside with the pinch collar on, made him wait at the door before coming in and if he tried to jump on use, he got a correction and NO. While we waited for people to arrive, she just went over everything with us and as she sat in the couch, he tried to jump on her a couple times, got corrected and stopped. She said he can jump if invited too but has to get off when told off so she did that a few times. Then my friend came over, ring the doorbell, he barked and got excited, ran to the gate( but didnā€™t bust through it like before), she took the leash, told him to wait, corrected if needed, then walked through the gate to the front door to greet the guest without jumping. We did this with 3 people and he did so well! And you he was listening and looking to Tracy for guidance. Then everyone left. Tracy went to her car for 5 minutes or do to let him settle in, then she came to the door and I went through the steps.

She did bring a shock collar with her, just in case, but it wasnā€™t needed. He responded just fine with the pinch collar.

So now itā€™s up to us to keep up with the training. At some point, he will respond just to the words but that will be awhile. She did say he did really well in just a short amount of time.

We are just so happy to have him home! Here he is after everyone left. I think I probably looked the same way, so mentally exhausting.

2c8faa0d31f748e09a3ce4009cf63554.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
He's blessed to have y'all as parents!

Keeping all in prayer & love, XOXO

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Sounds great and what a relief. You know whats awful Is as Iā€™m listening to that (ok reading) I am thinking of how my gut would be gripping hoping so bad that things go well. Iā€™m going to have to get serious with this when I see that things can happen so quickly. I kind of miss my kids coming by without getting run down by dog. Like I said. My son who is his favorite can come in and he will behave just keep circling him, but never jumping on him anymore. My daughter is a bit softer so she has a hard time being serious about it. We just got to be! Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop and now you keep at it girl :-)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The King is home!!

So last night went a million times better than expected. Tracy brought Louie inside with the pinch collar on, made him wait at the door before coming in and if he tried to jump on use, he got a correction and NO. While we waited for people to arrive, she just went over everything with us and as she sat in the couch, he tried to jump on her a couple times, got corrected and stopped. She said he can jump if invited too but has to get off when told off so she did that a few times. Then my friend came over, ring the doorbell, he barked and got excited, ran to the gate( but didnā€™t bust through it like before), she took the leash, told him to wait, corrected if needed, then walked through the gate to the front door to greet the guest without jumping. We did this with 3 people and he did so well! And you he was listening and looking to Tracy for guidance. Then everyone left. Tracy went to her car for 5 minutes or do to let him settle in, then she came to the door and I went through the steps.

She did bring a shock collar with her, just in case, but it wasnā€™t needed. He responded just fine with the pinch collar.

So now itā€™s up to us to keep up with the training. At some point, he will respond just to the words but that will be awhile. She did say he did really well in just a short amount of time.

We are just so happy to have him home! Here he is after everyone left. I think I probably looked the same way, so mentally exhausting.

2c8faa0d31f748e09a3ce4009cf63554.jpg

He is exhausted!!!! Welcome home buddy!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Looks more pissed off lolll who knows, might listen now cause heā€™ll think heā€™s going again if he doesnā€™t.
So long gn everyone is on the same page and sticks to thre guns as we say.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hope that Louie and Jax are doing well today!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So, howā€™s Dukeā€™s brat brother?

2days ago my son dropped by for coffee cause he was in town. I was outside with both and they heard his truck. I walk into the house to go open front door, my son walks in and what do you think both idiots did...yup jump over the sofa greeting my son. :aaargh::hellno: I let out a big..... HEY... both realized I was right behind them lol... In Your Cage! So Nyala runs into the kennel the other bozo runs on the bed :facepalm2:... grabbed the bozo and both in the kennel. They stayed there for 15mins, I opened the door and both were calm. I think the kennel works for these 2 kangaroos to calm down. Need to work harder on the sofa jumping though.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
So, howā€™s Dukeā€™s brat brother?

2days ago my son dropped by for coffee cause he was in town. I was outside with both and they heard his truck. I walk into the house to go open front door, my son walks in and what do you think both idiots did...yup jump over the sofa greeting my son. :aaargh::hellno: I let out a big..... HEY... both realized I was right behind them lol... In Your Cage! So Nyala runs into the kennel the other bozo runs on the bed :facepalm2:... grabbed the bozo and both in the kennel. They stayed there for 15mins, I opened the door and both were calm. I think the kennel works for these 2 kangaroos to calm down. Need to work harder on the sofa jumping though.

Hahahaha!!!

Heā€™s been doing good. Unfortunately no one has come over so havenā€™t been able to work on that and that was the issue and I donā€™t want him to forget what heā€™s learned so will have to try to get someone over here next weekend. Yesterday he was acting a little jerky and kept jumping all over me when I was on the couch, put his pinch collar on and it stopped. When the trainer brought him home, she put him in his crate while everyone was still here and he went crazy. I think itā€™s because he thinks heā€™s missing out and heā€™s such a social dog. Still need to work on that with him, not exactly sure how though.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hahahaha!!!

Heā€™s been doing good. Unfortunately no one has come over so havenā€™t been able to work on that and that was the issue and I donā€™t want him to forget what heā€™s learned so will have to try to get someone over here next weekend. Yesterday he was acting a little jerky and kept jumping all over me when I was on the couch, put his pinch collar on and it stopped. When the trainer brought him home, she put him in his crate while everyone was still here and he went crazy. I think itā€™s because he thinks heā€™s missing out and heā€™s such a social dog. Still need to work on that with him, not exactly sure how though.

Just make sure he doesnā€™t rely on seeing the pinch collar which means to stop for him. He needs to stop without seeing the collar..Iā€™m pretty sure you know that anyway.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just make sure he doesnā€™t rely on seeing the pinch collar which means to stop for him. He needs to stop without seeing the collar..Iā€™m pretty sure you know that anyway.

Yup, I know. The trainer said he did well for being there only 5 days and usually she likes at least two weeks for them to really get it. She said it will take awhile but as long as we keep it up, eventually he will listen just to the words.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
such funny stuff here i love being so intertained...... ya know, the other side of the fence is always funnier ;) Whats up with these blockheads of ours? Hank doent like getting in trouble at all but............. he just looses his brains when he wants to be social. I do see many good changes happening, but dang! just not predictable yet AT ALL in the stay calm issue when he sees people he wants to be social with. turds! never had a dog that was like a bulldog..lol

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am a hosting a dinner on Saturday so let's see what happens! He will definitely be on the pinch collar while people are coming into the house. Depending on how he behaves, he may have to wear it for a few hours until everyone leaves. Unfortunately, we haven't had anyone come over since he was brought home. We have been ringing the doorbell however. One thing we noticed is, whenever the doorbell rings, Jax will start barking and that usually sets of Louie.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I am a hosting a dinner on Saturday so let's see what happens! He will definitely be on the pinch collar while people are coming into the house. Depending on how he behaves, he may have to wear it for a few hours until everyone leaves. Unfortunately, we haven't had anyone come over since he was brought home. We have been ringing the doorbell however. One thing we noticed is, whenever the doorbell rings, Jax will start barking and that usually sets of Louie.

Wonā€™t bother with the guess if thereā€™s food lolll

Try something when guess comes in, keep the collar in your hands so he sees it and just wiggle it in your hands so it gets his attention. See if he will back off. If it works it will show him he doesnā€™t need to wear it when ppl come in n slowly it will register in his head he doesnā€™t need to wear it to behave. What do you have to lose...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.