Humping!

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
Luna started humping my leg a couple of days ago( shes14 weeks) I will be sitting on the floor trying to play with her and if my leg is out she grabs it with both front paws and starts humping:bigeyes: I take her off right away and tell her no. Anything else I could be doing to help this situation? So far it's only happened to me, I am the one who's home with her the most. I read online that it's not a sexual act at this age and that shes trying to show dominance over me. Is that true? If so how do I let her know that I am the boss? I definitely do not want her to think she runs my house!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It IS a sign of dominance, they will hump other dogs as well... we have always redirected behavior and eventually they get the hint.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella used to do it a lot to my hubby most of the time. I haven’t seen her do it to any of the other dogs. And she hasn’t don’t it it to him much lately.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Definitely dominance. When she does it, tell her NO and stop her. My older Frenchie will always start jumping Louie during play to show he is dominant and we always try to discourage it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Push her down(off) determined-but not rough- and tell her "no no", "or no humpy!" I have two that do that occasionally.(to each other)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree... it is dominance... you got yourself a spitfire. Remove her, teach her it is not acceptable.... I use the word ‘off’ as my two will hump each other when overly excited during play sessions. As soon as I say off... they stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Agree with the experts above! Good way to show YOUR dominance when she does this is to press her gently but firmly by the neck down to the floor so she lies down and hold her for 10-15 sec, telling No, No.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Punk does this to me. I just push her off and laugh and say "You are soooo not the Mama here". :no:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.