Naughtiness Gets Frustrating!

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
Kobieski is just getting too naughty. He is six months now, wonder how long will this go on for?
We are all getting frustrated and fed-up with him. It seems that he just loves to irritate! Can be at peace unless he is sleeping!

It starts when he wakes up in the morning, once he is out of his crate. Heā€™ll pull the pillows down and just wonā€™t leave it, take the shoes and run with it, pull clothes down from anywhere and keeps himself busy all day by run from one room to the next, pulling the pillows off the bed, running with the shoes and other things.

Itā€™s so bad we canā€™t even read the newspaper, while Iā€™m reading it, heā€™ll jump and bite it.

Itā€™s just getting soooo..... frustrating at times, wonder why .....?

How long does this puppy phase take to pass ? We are already exhausted!!

Drained out !

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Kobieski is just getting too naughty. He is six months now, wonder how long will this go on for?
We are all getting frustrated and fed-up with him. It seems that he just loves to irritate! Can be at peace unless he is sleeping!

It starts when he wakes up in the morning, once he is out of his crate. Heā€™ll pull the pillows down and just wonā€™t leave it, take the shoes and run with it, pull clothes down from anywhere and keeps himself busy all day by run from one room to the next, pulling the pillows off the bed, running with the shoes and other things.

Itā€™s so bad we canā€™t even read the newspaper, while Iā€™m reading it, heā€™ll jump and bite it.

Drained out !

Hi there....what do you expect in puppies? Just lay there and do nothing? Itā€™s a puppy!!! Like telling a human toddler not to move. Both my dogs are extremely active 18months n 3yrs old... puppies are NOT for everyone. If you like a quiet environment, you get a senior dog..or... get your puppy out and start walking him. Puppies with too much energy needs to drain the energy. Walk 2x a day and not just around the block. Good long walk like one Km for that age. Start slow. Or go outside throw a ball for a good 30mins non stop. Show him to fetch the ball. Go to a off leash dog park with surveillance. Tons of things you can do to drain his energy. :)

OP
O

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
Hi there....what do you expect in puppies? Just lay there and do nothing? Itā€™s a puppy!!! Like telling a human toddler not to move. Both my dogs are extremely active 18months n 3yrs old... puppies are NOT for everyone. If you like a quiet environment, you get a senior dog..or... get your puppy out and start walking him. Puppies with too much energy needs to drain the energy. Walk 2x a day and not just around the block. Good long walk like one Km for that age. Start slow. Or go outside throw a ball for a good 30mins non stop. Show him to fetch the ball. Go to a off leash dog park with surveillance. Tons of things you can do to drain his energy. :)

Thks for bring me back to the reality!

Just recovering from a mosquito borne illness thatā€™s left me with terrible arthritic pains in my joints . . .. probably lost my patience because of it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Drained out !

He will go through two phases, the entire 1st year as a puppy and then again around 18- 24 months ....most bulldogs donā€™t need a lot of exercise or activity but they need something. As Helene suggested, a walk, ball play or even training.... sit, stay, down... uses brain and provides stimulation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
ya know, this is all so familiar. I too have an active bully, and at 2 1/2 he has now given more down times than during puppyhood, but still, when he needs to release that energy, he can get that 'puppy' type naughty if i dont give him something to do...ie, chase toys, go for walks etc. sometimes,,,,,,,,,,,, i just dont want to (had a month of very ill effects from a stinken pill i had to take..long story) and my energy level was non existent! Hank got naughty :( I learned that if i didnt go sit outside with him so he could go play or whatever, he would take it out elsewhere,,, So, i now, take a book or whatever, and sit outside EVERYDAY possible :) just someore personal info for ya ;)

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
ya know, this is all so familiar. I too have an active bully, and at 2 1/2 he has now given more down times than during puppyhood, but still, when he needs to release that energy, he can get that 'puppy' type naughty if i dont give him something to do...ie, chase toys, go for walks etc. sometimes,,,,,,,,,,,, i just dont want to (had a month of very ill effects from a stinken pill i had to take..long story) and my energy level was non existent! Hank got naughty :( I learned that if i didnt go sit outside with him so he could go play or whatever, he would take it out elsewhere,,, So, i now, take a book or whatever, and sit outside EVERYDAY possible :) just someore personal info for ya ;)

This is sound advice. I would also add, maybe shut him off to bedrooms? It would be less he would be able to get into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
As my trainer always says... a tired puppy is a well behaved puppy!!! Lol Plan several small play sessions (15-20min) and I guarantee the antics will calm down some. Also we provided a gated area for our pups, they could sleep/play w/out destroying the house or us for that matter. That way we ALL could have a time-out... Good Luck!!!

OP
O

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
Thanks so much for all the tips.

We used to walk for 30 min everyday before I got sick. Anyway he is already housebroken, so thatā€™s one great thing!

Keeping out of the bedroom practically is a great idea, but my sweetheart sleeps in my room , though in his crate! Just love his presence in the room. Under the mischief and wrinkles heā€™s a real gem of a heart.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks so much for all the tips.

We used to walk for 30 min everyday before I got sick. Anyway he is already housebroken, so thatā€™s one great thing!

Keeping out of the bedroom practically is a great idea, but my sweetheart sleeps in my room , though in his crate! Just love his presence in the room. Under the mischief and wrinkles heā€™s a real gem of a heart.

Heā€™ll get there.... just get the energy out of him. Try a raw marrow bone or if you can, some indoor ply.. throw a tennis ball along the floor for him to chase and teach him ā€˜dropā€™ so you can throw again

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Agree with everyone. Sounds like he could be bored and has too much energy. As said, a tired puppy is a happy puppy.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Patience will be totally rewarded! He will grow up too fast. [MENTION=18589]OptimisticBully[/MENTION]

Delaney24

Feb 15, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
It is too hot here to let my dog out in the summer for more than a few minutes, so some indoor things we do when he gets too hyper are those puzzle treat dispensers to engage his mind. We also taught him to play hide and seek with my son. He loves it and has become quite good at it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Re-read this post [MENTION=18589]OptimisticBully[/MENTION] and it made me laugh! I love puppy antics, and all mine are over two now and sleep more than play. AS stated, they are going to get exercise one way or another when they are youngsters(good way, or bad way) Think: little kids, always on the go! Close the doors of the rooms during the day,where you don't want him to go, If you can not function well, have a box of balls, or kongs or some non-edible toys that you can throw for him. That way, if he won't retrieve, you have more ammo!! Enjoy his "puppyhood!

OP
O

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
Canā€™t laugh when an EB makes you run and you have arthritic pains n arenā€™t even 30! It was painful! Thankfully I can manage him now and laugh, when the plumpy boy runs and does the naughty stuff.... but he is getting a little more disciplined.

ā€œIf he wonā€™t retrieve, you have more ammo!!ā€ really gave me a good laugh.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I know how it is sometimes hard to laugh with R. Arth. I am with you! But sometimes if we don't laugh,we cry! Happy that you did laugh-and glad that things are doing a little better! "Boys just wanna' have fun!" [MENTION=18589]OptimisticBully[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.