JohnSnow

Sep 13, 2018
Country
Bolivia
Bulldog(s) Names
John Snow
Hello,
As some of you might know, I adopted a dog in Bolivia and had no clue about his history. Only I did wonder why they put him to adoption, because his breed is expensive in Bolivia. Then I found out he had some behaviour problems: He would jump on the people and try to catch their legs making typical bulldog-noises and he wouldn*t really bite to hurt, but bite softly to catch people and not let go of them. Also when someone passed by, he would run and jump to catch them.

So I didn*t understand and I shouted at him a lot of times until noticing that he doesn*t hear. My dog is deaf! That made his education so dificult, because I had to make him look at me to give him orders.

Now I could teach him not to attack peoples legs in most cases with treats- so I got his attention and also with slapping him when he attacked, because there was no other way. :(

He is really calm now, and only gets nervous sometimes. But I can never let him go without the leash for a long time, because he doesn*t hear me and he doesn*t hear the cars ether, so I get scared he could get hit by a car.

It*s funny that, when he*s outside without his leash, he never attacks anyone and he is nice to other dogs too. When he*s with the leash he attacks every dog that comes close to him. (in Bolivia there are dosents of dogs in the streets)

My dog is really smart, so I could teach him to roll over and play dead with only signs of my hands. I would really like to teach him to calm down in public, to take him with me, when I go out, but I really don*t know how.

Can anyone give me some advise?

Greetings from Bolivia :smoochwink:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello and welcome [MENTION=18613]JohnSnow[/MENTION] Go to Google, and type in How to train a deaf dog Pati Robins

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome [MENTION=18613]JohnSnow[/MENTION] Go to Google, and type in How to train a deaf dog Pati Robins

:up:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.