Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Jax just put Louie to his place. Maybe this time Louie will get it. If not keep an eye on ā€œdominated oneā€. Nyala did it a few times to Duke. Like Louie, Duke doesnā€™t care just will go torment Nyala if she has the buffalo horn or a chew toy. In Nyala ā€˜s case, sheā€™s powerful and will toss Duke and put him to his place. But sometimes this idiot will go back thinking sheā€™s playing. My only worry is the day Iā€™m not home and she grabs him. Why I put the toys in their bucket so they donā€™t have anything to play with.

These two boys of ours are knuckleheads! I bet Louie thinks Jax is playing too with his warnings. Weā€™ll see if Louie gets it now. These guys go in their crates if no one is home. Jax used to have free range until his issues came about. I canā€™t have him jumping around and then hurting himself with no one home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ugh... I'm SO sorry, I know how upsetting this can be and it's frustrating trying to figure out what causes it. We deal w/this a LOT at our house, Willow is constantly resource guarding and making sure that Walter keeps his distance. We had to get a trainer involved to give us some guidelines... once you figure out his triggers then you can try and avoid the situations. I'm SO attuned to Willow now that I can usually tell by her body language that it's coming, and we try to diffuse it quickly. I keep water bottles handy, but one time they REALLY got into it and my trainer told me to throw a cookie sheet down. The noise distracts them both, and nobody gets bit trying to stop a fight by grabbing a dog (which is a normal reaction).

The best way to keep peace in our home is to make sure they both get plenty of exercise... if they get a daily walk (25 min tops) and get ball time outside we normally don't have any issues. Willow is TOO tired to cause any drama and the day goes smoothly...

I was thinking about this and Jax definitely gets more agitated if he hasnā€™t been on any walks to burn energy. And last weekend we were painting kitchen cabinets the whole time so no walks for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.