Moved and she acting out?

Ladybella

Nov 4, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Bella
So my English had to move in with me.
For some reason she got aggressive with my father and they asked me to take her.
Anyways so she moved into my house. No other pets and I live alone.
I just put a doggy door in for her and laid down new grass for her in the back.

She is house broken and is train to use the doggy door.

But she been with me for about 2 weeks now.

I came home and found a pee puddle in the hallway so I didnā€™t punish her cause
Who knows when she did it then when she came up to me to say hi she pee right in front of me
So I locked her in her kennel for awhile.

Then a few days later we watching tv her and I and she at one end of the couch and Iā€™m at the other. So all of a sudden she walks over to me and on top of me and jumps off and hides I felt wetness she pissed all the way from one end of the couch to the other and a little on me so I locked her up again.

Then now as I was vacuuming she sneaks up and pees again right in front of me. So sheā€™s locked up again.

What the hell is she doing? She just acting out? Or trying to test me? Or punish me? Or what?
I understand itā€™s a new home but Iā€™ve always been her favorite so why she acting bad?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17754]Ladybella[/MENTION] Yes, it is possible that she is acting out. BUT, the first thing I would do is take her to your Veterinarian, to see if she has a UTI, or bladder infection. It may have been coming on, or being stressed may have contributed. If she checks out okay, I would start taking her out on a leash, to the area you have fixed for her. She may just need time to adjust to her new situation, and surroundings. EBD's don't always like the changes,and might "act out!" Be sure- Vet first.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I would take her to a vet too and although I understand how frustrating it is that she pees, I would not lock her up. Whatever the reason she is peeing is probably not solved by punishing her.

I would try to identify all changes she's been through lately and ask questions like
You say she started to get aggressive with your dad. Do you know why?
Is she left alone for much longer now than before she moved in with you?
Are there noisy neighbours who might scare her while you are not there?
Is she taken for a long walk before you leave so that there is no risk she actually pees because she cannot hold it?

Good luck!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Agree with the above. First thing should be vet appointment to rule out UTI/bladder infection. If it's not that, it could just be all of the change. Bulldogs can be strange creatures!

OP
L

Ladybella

Nov 4, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Bella
Iā€™ll schedule a vet appointment

As for aggressive with my dad, first it started by watching him when he would move.
Then she would nibble at his feet and try to pin him in one location like not let him move forward.
Then she finally started to jump and bite towards him. Mind you this wasnā€™t over night thing
She would act weird one day for maybe 20 min then be playing with him like nothing happen.
Then probably last the last 3 month until she ā€œattacked himā€
My dad not shy to yell no or lock her up or spray her with water.
She always been cool with my mom and always wanted to cuddle and play with her

My house is larger, no noise my neighborhood actually more calm then my parents
but my dad worked from home so he was always with her.
I work at night and sleep during the day and gone at night I play with her when I get home and
My parents Never walked her or took her anywhere so all she knew was the house.
Iā€™ve been taking her to the parks by my house walking her on a leash
And try to let her run around at the park but she wonā€™t leave my side but sheā€™ll run laps in my house lol

Iā€™ve taken her to the backyard and she been pee and pooping back there and I tell her good
She actually smart so she knows whatā€™s up so I feel like she testing me with this acting bad stuff haha

I have notice tho my front living room I bought my parents old furniture from them when I bought my house and she likes to stay in there on that furniture and not on the new stuff in the second living room where I watch tv
Unless Iā€™m on the couch then sheā€™ll come and try to lay on me or try to be face to face lol

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hope you can find a way to help her. If the vet cannot find any issues, perhaps have a dog trainer come over and observe her? I have no experience of anything like this but from what you write it seems like she might be afraid / anxious? Best of luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It seems that she needs to go back to basics try using nothing in life is free it is an easy training technique with positive reinforcement. Bulldogs are very OCD and it will take her about a month to settle in even though she knows you it is a new world to her. It is great that you were taking her out on walks and parks but take it slow and let her adjust it is a scary world since she has never been outside of your dadā€˜s home

How old is she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

Ladybella

Nov 4, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Bella
It seems that she needs to go back to basics try using nothing in life is free it is an easy training technique with positive reinforcement. Bulldogs are very OCD and it will take her about a month to settle in even though she knows you it is a new world to her. It is great that you were taking her out on walks and parks but take it slow and let her adjust it is a scary world since she has never been outside of your dadā€˜s home

How old is she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember right sheā€™s about 3-3.5 years old.

So Iā€™ve started to ignore her when I go home I come in the house and go straight to the backyard and call her
She comes running or sheā€™ll just follow me straight outside
She goes pee or poop and I tell her good job and let her then we go inside
And I feed her and we play. That seems to be working a little better

I really wanna introduce her to dogs or take her to a dog park but scared sheā€™ll do something bad
I know sheā€™ll growl at passing dogs when sheā€™s in the front yard but if they bark or growl back she runs inside but she never been brave ebough to get nose to nose with a dog. She wonā€™t leave the yard even unleashed at my house or dads house
She knows she canā€™t step into the sidewalk.

I took her to the park and a neighbor dog was barking she ignored it so that could be a good sign or she was just like f this take me home hahaha

https://youtu.be/fZyQDhASoE8

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If I remember right sheā€™s about 3-3.5 years old.

So Iā€™ve started to ignore her when I go home I come in the house and go straight to the backyard and call her
She comes running or sheā€™ll just follow me straight outside
She goes pee or poop and I tell her good job and let her then we go inside
And I feed her and we play. That seems to be working a little better

I really wanna introduce her to dogs or take her to a dog park but scared sheā€™ll do something bad
I know sheā€™ll growl at passing dogs when sheā€™s in the front yard but if they bark or growl back she runs inside but she never been brave ebough to get nose to nose with a dog. She wonā€™t leave the yard even unleashed at my house or dads house
She knows she canā€™t step into the sidewalk.

I took her to the park and a neighbor dog was barking she ignored it so that could be a good sign or she was just like f this take me home hahaha

https://youtu.be/fZyQDhASoE8

She is very hesitant and I can say that because her ears are pinned back. Take it slow with her and it might be a good idea to enlist a trainer or take her to training classes to get her some socialization. If she has never been around other dogs she may be fine right now or appear to be fine because she is not sure when she gains her confidence her true colors will show good or bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.