General Question Crate size

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
I know that they say to make sure the crate isnt too big. I'm looking for one with the divider so that it can grow with her. What size should I get? Shes currently sleeping in a baby play yard type thing but we want to crate train her. I'm sure the play yard wont hold her as she gets bigger.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180903-120320.jpg
    Screenshot_20180903-120320.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 124

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We use the 36 inch crate... remove divered as they grow

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I know that they say to make sure the crate isnt too big. I'm looking for one with the divider so that it can grow with her. What size should I get? Shes currently sleeping in a baby play yard type thing but we want to crate train her. I'm sure the play yard wont hold her as she gets bigger.

Had one of them when Duke was younger last year. Sure didnā€™t take long for him to move it are the house. Had to tie wrap it around the kitchen table leg. Itā€™s an antique, Weighs a ton... just get a kennel n donā€™t waste your money on them play yard. Thatā€™s my 2cents

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have both a crate and a play yard for Harlea. She has a 36 inch crate that she sleeps in at night and we have an 8 panel play yard that she only gets put in if we are going to be gone for more than an hour. She actually loves the play yard as we have one of her coolaroo's in there and during the day we leave the door to it open so she can come and go but she spends most of the day in there snoozing or looking out the window as it is in my office where I am usually at. Before we put the coolaroo in it she would move it all over the place but she hasn't moved it since.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
We have a 36 inch for Louie and it came with the divider.

OP
L

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
We got the 36 inch crate today. Should we try to get her to sleep in it tonight or gradually introduce her to it?
Also should we put a pee pad in the crate? Shes only 11 weeks so she cant hold it overnight.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We got the 36 inch crate today. Should we try to get her to sleep in it tonight or gradually introduce her to it?
Also should we put a pee pad in the crate? Shes only 11 weeks so she cant hold it overnight.

Yes, place her in for the night, but be sure to not let her out if she cries, she will learn quickly how to get you to let her out. Pee pad is a personal option, when out guys were pups we set the alarm for e every three hours and took turns doing potty runs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.