My dog being very dominant!!

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
Hello everyone so i new at having an EB my baby's name is Boti he is 6 almost 7 months he so nice and loves to play but i been noticing that when he is with me he is totally diffetent in the way that he will growl at me he will bite when ever i dont pay attention to him or sitting next to him sowaning that i have to be by his side all the time to the point that whnever i go to the bathroom he will bark and growl and bark and cry all does fun things.. I REALLY NEED HELP FEEL FREE AND ASK ME UESTIONS OR TELL ME IF IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG I DONT WANT HIM TO BE LIKE THAT I LOVE HIMM SO MUCH I LL DO ANYTHING TO FIX IT !!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello everyone so i new at having an EB my baby's name is Boti he is 6 almost 7 months he so nice and loves to play but i been noticing that when he is with me he is totally diffetent in the way that he will growl at me he will bite when ever i dont pay attention to him or sitting next to him sowaning that i have to be by his side all the time to the point that whnever i go to the bathroom he will bark and growl and bark and cry all does fun things.. I REALLY NEED HELP FEEL FREE AND ASK ME UESTIONS OR TELL ME IF IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG I DONT WANT HIM TO BE LIKE THAT I LOVE HIMM SO MUCH I LL DO ANYTHING TO FIX IT !!!!!

Hello n WELCOME!!!

Simply heā€™s controlling you. Heā€™s the alpha n your NOT!!! Enough of heā€™s cute and funny n all that jazz. Time to put him to his place! YOUR ROOF YOUR RULES! Grab the floppy jowls on each side and shake them up a bit side to side with a BIG NO each time he wants to bite, growl or basically control you and in the kennel he goes for a good 20mins. Time to step up while heā€™s still a pup. Like a momma dog would do. Put him to his place. We love to see photos of the little Boti.

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
DEF RIGHT!!!!! I didnt see it that way the "alpha thing" i honestly thats what i seems that his the "alpha" instead of me .. i will do my best to change this for me and for him.
What would be a good "NO" for example i tried stopping him whenever he bites my feet and when i say "NO STOP IT " he will growl at me and the bite my hands iso what i do is put him on his kennel but he wont stop barking grwoling and all that .

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
9ED8FC61-F6F8-46F2-B812-AF7C5D6715F8.jpeg9ED8FC61-F6F8-46F2-B812-AF7C5D6715F8.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
DEF RIGHT!!!!! I didnt see it that way the "alpha thing" i honestly thats what i seems that his the "alpha" instead of me .. i will do my best to change this for me and for him.
What would be a good "NO" for example i tried stopping him whenever he bites my feet and when i say "NO STOP IT " he will growl at me and the bite my hands iso what i do is put him on his kennel but he wont stop barking grwoling and all that .

First of all the words...NO STOP IT... is tooo long...simply use one word n itā€™s just NO, firm n loud. Mean business! Like no negotiations. No is no. Grab him by the jowls since heā€™s biting n leave him in the kennel. You absolutely need to ignore him without eye contact. Donā€™t give in. YOUR the alpha not him.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Helene has got you covered... Welcome to the world of the bulldog puppy!!! Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Agree with Helene, you must show him you are alpha. Look up Nothing in Life is Free training technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Time to get a spray bottle and fill with water. When it's time for correction, give a few squirts.

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
I will do that thanks for the good advices ����*ā™€ļø����*ā™€ļø

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
Lol thanks !!! Im still learning ��

- - - Updated - - -

I will thanks!! ����*ā™€ļø

- - - Updated - - -

Ive never thought of that thanks!!

Oldtymer

Aug 11, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
im having problems with my 10 week old pup, biting my other dog, can seem quiet aggressive. my other dog nala is a 2 year old lab retriever, she just keeps running away from the pup everytime he seems to get fixated on her. when we put the pup in his cage nala my older dog trys to let him out? any suggestions on how to stop him from biting my other dog because she isnt telling him !!

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
Actually i have the sane problem when my EB when he was 3mins he would chase my 5yrs old chihuahua and wanting to play with him but the thing is that my EB would play rough n bite my chihuahua so now that my Eb is almost 7 months and much bigger he wont bite my chihuahua anymore but the thing is that now he wants to play but my chihuahua would not play with him they would be running around my EB chasing my chihuahua but thats it i already try to let them run around so they can smell each other and its kinda working but def my chihuahua would not play with him Nd i feel bad bc i want them to be together but i just hope later on my chihuahua will Give in lol

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
For both puppies... NO! I am alpha not you. Canelo was a tough puppy. It took about 9 months for him to get it all, we worked daily with him and he is the best dog ever. To get his attention I would thump his nose to get him to look at me and say NO in a strong voice. When he was about 6 months old he got very carried away while playing tug of war, lunged for the rope and instead got my forearm, no skin breakage, definitely bruising. Then the next day got my husbandā€™s forearm same way, we had matching bruises. But in both situations a firm NO was said and he got the message, NO is key and showing dominance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
I started dping that couple of days now and he is very smart to the point that whenever i get up and say NO! He will look down and will stop but it only takes couple of minutes and he will doing it again but like today hes been a good boy!! So i know it will take time and patience .. But "NO" works!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I started dping that couple of days now and he is very smart to the point that whenever i get up and say NO! He will look down and will stop but it only takes couple of minutes and he will doing it again but like today hes been a good boy!! So i know it will take time and patience .. But "NO" works!!!!

For him to look down n stop, heā€™s getting the message. Just DONT give up!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.