Marking and Seperation Anxiety ?

SampsonsMumma

Apr 21, 2017
New Hampshire
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
Iā€™ve had issues in the past with Sampson marking in the house. It was a few times here and there then it magically stopped! Fast forward to a couple months later and it has started all over again even worse. He marks the same place every single day. So I started with gating off that area: the next day he pees in a different spot in the same room. It doesnā€™t seem to end. Iā€™ve had his urine tested before and no UTI. I was thinking it was marking because of my parents New dog but now Iā€™m not quite sure whether itā€™s dominace or separation anxiety ! Heā€™s never done it when Iā€™m home only when Iā€™m gone but has done it when someone else was home. Does anyone have some advice for me !!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Is he neutered?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™ve had issues in the past with Sampson marking in the house. It was a few times here and there then it magically stopped! Fast forward to a couple months later and it has started all over again even worse. He marks the same place every single day. So I started with gating off that area: the next day he pees in a different spot in the same room. It doesnā€™t seem to end. Iā€™ve had his urine tested before and no UTI. I was thinking it was marking because of my parents New dog but now Iā€™m not quite sure whether itā€™s dominace or separation anxiety ! Heā€™s never done it when Iā€™m home only when Iā€™m gone but has done it when someone else was home. Does anyone have some advice for me !!!

Interesting... I have no insight but will be researching for sure. [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] any insight

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
No telling what gets in their mind, sometimes. Doggie stores do sell so called deterrents,but many times the only thing that helps is crating them, when you are not going to be home-it may have to be with no padding or blanket. It is certainly possible that the new dog may be a factor,as some bullies are sensitive to a change in their life! If someone is at home,when you are gone,perhaps they could take him out to pee, and then back in the crate. Sometimes, when you break the cycle,of his bad habit,after awhile, the dog goes back to "normal". If not,he just has to be crated when you are gone. That would be my solution, and it has worked for mine. [MENTION=17089]SampsonsMumma[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.