House training please help

obes22

Mar 12, 2018
Cape Cod USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, Marge (RIP)
Our Louie is about 4 and a half months. We are having no luck house training him at all. We will take him out and within 10 mins he will pee in the house. He pees in the house several times a day in all different areas. He has started to poop in the house as well. It seems like he has no interest in learning. We canā€™t really punish him when he does it bc itā€™s always when someone isnā€™t looking when we find it. And heā€™s not alone in the house at all. It happens within seconds of someone not looking. We are told to not use the crate to punish him but itā€™s the only place he wonā€™t do it. Just looking for any ideas.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I feel your pain
I've been where you are

All I have to offer you is my experience

With Ty, using baby gates, we limited him to certain areas of the house.
(Only hardwood floors)

And

Taking him out religiously every 1 1\2 to 2 hours, immediately after naps, and play times

When he does begin going outside, notice of he goes to one place more often, and take him directly there

Excessive praise for going where he should

And a good verbal scolding, when he goes where he shouldn't

Also,

Does he have a favorite place inside (Ty's and still is the laundry basket)

Clean it with vinegar to eliminate the smell, and discourage further marking

Hope this helps

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Good verbal scolding can result the puppy to do just what this one does... do it when noboby's watching. At that age you should just ignore the accidents and give that excessive praise for getting it right. And give him patience and time, he is only a puppy. You can expect some level of understanding of this matter at the age of 6 months and even after that there may be some set backs.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie was about 6 months before I considered him potty trained. Make sure you stay consistent with taking him out and give big praise when he does go outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O

obes22

Mar 12, 2018
Cape Cod USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, Marge (RIP)
Itā€™s so frustrating because there is no consistency. He will go out do his business and within 5 mins of being inside will pee. There is no certain area. He pees everywhere. We take him out every 30 mins as well and limit his water and still have no success.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Not good to limit his water. If someone is home with him all day, keep him on a leash and keep him with you/them. Take him out every chance you get! It take time and LOTS of patience. I have had many breeds of dog,and EBD are the hardest to house train. They take longer,too.(most) Hang in there. This is a test!!:laugh:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.