Picking up a new puppy at 10 weeks, thoughts?

WVbulldog

Apr 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
I will be picking up a new EB puppy at 10 weeks old, is that to long to wait? I have heard that waiting to long may effect behavior at an older age.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I will be picking up a new EB puppy at 10 weeks old, is that to long to wait? I have heard that waiting to long may effect behavior at an older age.

Welcome!!! Congrats!!! Most will pick up a puppy at 10weeks. I prefer 12 weeks but thatā€™s me. Behaviour has nothing to do at older age but bare in mind. Older like? what did you hear? If itā€™s a rescue. Yes you never know what baggage the rescue comes with. Thatā€™s when you need to learn patience n time. Anyhooooo, we canā€™t wait for photos of your new bundle. You sure you want to call him Porky? If you get an active pup like my 2, porky sure doesnā€™t fit them loll.

haile2066

Nov 1, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Brando
10-12 weeks is ideal for me. Certainly helps with potty training when you get them a little older. And believe me, behavior wise, so long as they were loved and cared for by the breeder, they will fit in great at any age.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Welcome me to EBN! 10 weeks is great age for pick up