I’m not sure if we can fix this bulldog issues

Missy95

Jan 14, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
My uncle acquired a bulldog from an abusive home. He’s fully potty trained, but he’s incredible aggressive towards other animals. He charges at them, and he tries to latch onto their throats. He’s gotten to be a liability. He just recently started pooping in the house the past couple of days. We’re stumped as to why he’s doing this. I think he’s acting out because he’s lonely, but he can’t any dog friends because he keeps attacking them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome!

How long has he been in the new home?
How was he introduced to the home?
When is he ‘acting’ out... specifically.. like walks or a dog walking by the house.. other pets in home

Is he snapping at humans in home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Missy95

Jan 14, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
He’s been in his new home for a little over 2 months now. My uncle is wonderful to him, so it’s not as though he is being made to feel uncomfortable. To be honest, he’s spoiled. He’s aggressively going after pets he sees at the apartment complex. Whenever he sees another dog, he goes after it, and tries to bite it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He’s been in his new home for a little over 2 months now. My uncle is wonderful to him, so it’s not as though he is being made to feel uncomfortable. To be honest, he’s spoiled. He’s aggressively going after pets he sees at the apartment complex. Whenever he sees another dog, he goes after it, and tries to bite it.

Ok... there is the issue—- he needs a leader and your uncle isn’t giving him that. Dogs are pack members and want someone to follow if they aren’t the leader, which sounds like the bulldogs isn’t so he is off balance and afraid... which appears aggressive.

Tell your uncle to make him work for everything .. it is not mean or punishment you just want the dog to work for what he wants. So if he wants to be on the furniture he doesn’t get on until he is invited. He doesn’t eat until he sits, he doesn’t get a treat until he sits.

There is a very simple training technique he can use and all other humans in house should follow it is called “nothing in life is free”. There is a link here on the side under the training tab or you can find it on the ASPCA website.

As I said it is very easy to follow and he will be in mine with in a few weeks.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Ok... there is the issue—- he needs a leader and your uncle isn’t giving him that. Dogs are pack members and want someone to follow if they aren’t the leader, which sounds like the bulldogs isn’t so he is off balance and afraid... which appears aggressive.

Tell your uncle to make him work for everything .. it is not mean or punishment you just want the dog to work for what he wants. So if he wants to be on the furniture he doesn’t get on until he is invited. He doesn’t eat until he sits, he doesn’t get a treat until he sits.

There is a very simple training technique he can use and all other humans in house should follow it is called “nothing in life is free”. There is a link here on the side under the training tab or you can find it on the ASPCA website.

As I said it is very easy to follow and he will be in mine with in a few weeks.

Very easy to follow,but won't happen overnight
Tell your Uncle, it will take patience and persistence,

Keyword,.......persistence

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My uncle acquired a bulldog from an abusive home. He’s fully potty trained, but he’s incredible aggressive towards other animals. He charges at them, and he tries to latch onto their throats. He’s gotten to be a liability. He just recently started pooping in the house the past couple of days. We’re stumped as to why he’s doing this. I think he’s acting out because he’s lonely, but he can’t any dog friends because he keeps attacking them.

My German Shepherd got attacked by a pack of dogs in a dog park 2x. 3months old n 6months old. He has NEVER liked other dogs and as he was growing up it was 24/7 scanning everywhere on his walks for 8yrs. He did rips couple dogs apart n shook some like a rag. These other dogs came through our fence and some dug their self under the fence. Not on walks. This dog was trained to a “T”. Loved humans n all but not dogs. He was basically a dog from our RCMP breeder in Quebec which I was always in contact with. Trainer said it too, there is nothing you can do for that issue but keep surveillance 24/7. But this was for my case. In your uncle ‘s case, first he needs to be the alpha. No one knows 100% what happened to Wyatt before he was adopted. Yes there’s predictions but for him to act like so it’s because he’s protecting himself as he sees other dogs as menace. Takes a lot of patience, time and understanding what Wyatt could of went or has gone through. Your uncle definitely needs a professional trainer that will help Wyatt and get him to trust other dogs.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
There is always an option like an electric collar for dogs. They produce high pitch sound and vibration which scares dogs and they stop unwanted behaviour. Works well. Sometimes they are used like fence to contain dogs. Don’t give up on poor boy. Try electric collar, it works magic.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
There is always an option like an electric collar for dogs. They produce high pitch sound and vibration which scares dogs and they stop unwanted behaviour. Works well. Sometimes they are used like fence to contain dogs. Don’t give up on poor boy. Try electric collar, it works magic.
Absolutely do not use an electric collar on an aggressive dog. It will make the behavior worse. I agree with 2BullyMama, he needs to learn he is not in charge and needs extensive training.

OP
M

Missy95

Jan 14, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
It isn’t Wyatt that’s having trouble. Wyatt is so loving!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.