Thread: Spring Fever?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tayto
    Likes (Received)

Default Spring Fever?

Tayto is almost a year old and is in tact...previously I've been able to open the door and he'll follow me out and follow me back inside with no problems. The last few weeks, he has been darting out the door and running around the neighborhood in search of other dogs. I'm wondering if this is "spring fever". It is super scary as he could obviously run into the street and get hit by a car. He won't listen to come and we literally have to drag him back home.

Anyone experience something similar?

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Spring Fever?

@taytoD Tayto is at the age where he is going to "rebel". It's sort of like-"I am big, I don't have to listen!" Most all EBD's go through this stage! Another factor of his age-since he is not neutered, he has realized that he is becoming a "man". Better start using the leash-if there IS a female in heat somewhere-he may get lost-or in trouble!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

3. Likes taytoD, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tayto
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @taytoD Tayto is at the age where he is going to "rebel". It's sort of like-"I am big, I don't have to listen!" Most all EBD's go through this stage! Another factor of his age-since he is not neutered, he has realized that he is becoming a "man". Better start using the leash-if there IS a female in heat somewhere-he may get lost-or in trouble!
    Thanks!! Yes it does seem like he is going through his teenage rebellion/awkward hormonal phase haha. We are going to start keeping his harness on when we are home so we can grab him! Maybe even a leash if he doesn't chew it to bits ha.

Thanks!

5. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

YEP... they go through this at least twice... 10-12 months and again around 18-24 months ---- pushing the envelope
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads