Spring Fever?

taytoD

Dec 11, 2017
Chicago area
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tayto
Tayto is almost a year old and is in tact...previously I've been able to open the door and he'll follow me out and follow me back inside with no problems. The last few weeks, he has been darting out the door and running around the neighborhood in search of other dogs. I'm wondering if this is "spring fever". It is super scary as he could obviously run into the street and get hit by a car. He won't listen to come and we literally have to drag him back home.

Anyone experience something similar?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17857]taytoD[/MENTION] Tayto is at the age where he is going to "rebel". It's sort of like-"I am big, I don't have to listen!" Most all EBD's go through this stage! Another factor of his age-since he is not neutered, he has realized that he is becoming a "man". Better start using the leash-if there IS a female in heat somewhere-he may get lost-or in trouble!

OP
taytoD

taytoD

Dec 11, 2017
Chicago area
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tayto
[MENTION=17857]taytoD[/MENTION] Tayto is at the age where he is going to "rebel". It's sort of like-"I am big, I don't have to listen!" Most all EBD's go through this stage! Another factor of his age-since he is not neutered, he has realized that he is becoming a "man". Better start using the leash-if there IS a female in heat somewhere-he may get lost-or in trouble!

Thanks!! Yes it does seem like he is going through his teenage rebellion/awkward hormonal phase haha. We are going to start keeping his harness on when we are home so we can grab him! Maybe even a leash if he doesn't chew it to bits ha.

Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEP... they go through this at least twice... 10-12 months and again around 18-24 months ---- pushing the envelope

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.