Uncontrollable Peeing

FERRARI31

Dec 19, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
NONE
Bruno is a little over 4 months now. Heā€™s crate trained and doing pretty well around the house.

Now here is the problem and itā€™s been getting worse. Everyone heā€™s in his crate and someone goes to get him out he lays on his side or back and pee starts coming out uncontrollable. Even if I tell him to stop he just canā€™t. It literally shoots all over the place.

It used to happen sporadically. But now itā€™s every time and getting very frustrating. I know Iā€™m supposed to just not make an issue of it and just bring him outside but I am human and have lost my patience with it a few times. I wasnā€™t yelling at him. Just in general.

Any input would be appreciated.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
dont know how to fix but sounds like 'excitement' pee. some dogs when real happy or nervous they piddle right there.. someone should know though and give ya some help

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Bruno is a little over 4 months now. Heā€™s crate trained and doing pretty well around the house.

Now here is the problem and itā€™s been getting worse. Everyone heā€™s in his crate and someone goes to get him out he lays on his side or back and pee starts coming out uncontrollable. Even if I tell him to stop he just canā€™t. It literally shoots all over the place.

It used to happen sporadically. But now itā€™s every time and getting very frustrating. I know Iā€™m supposed to just not make an issue of it and just bring him outside but I am human and have lost my patience with it a few times. I wasnā€™t yelling at him. Just in general.

Any input would be appreciated.

I would have to agree excitement as youā€™re saying only when youā€™re getting him out of the crate. When someone approaches the crate, do they whine up their voices to baby talk or exciting greeting? If so, need to stop the greeting, walk around without eye contact n ignore for a minute then open the door let him out. Itā€™s a pup takes patience like toilet training a toddler. I went through all that with Duke and trust me he took his rightful time to be toilet trained. Heā€™s one year old n I still have to time him n no water after 7pm.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17886]FERRARI31[/MENTION] I picture a Bulldog fountain!!LOL. I agree with [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] about approaching the crate. That should solve the problem-give him time. If that doesn't work, get a washable male diaper, for the "occasion".

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Have you tried opening the crate and walking away...and right on outside through a pre-opened doorway?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.