Help Needed! Grumpy pup

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
So our boy Tiberius almost 3 has been extra grumpy lately. Especially with the groomer. He always see the same one but the last two time he wonā€™t let her trim or do anything with his nails - we have always touched and handled his nails and face. But even trying to wipe his face has become an issue for us.
He is not neutered and that has been suggested I just worry about putting him under with his possible breathing issues and the other option they gave was to have him sedated at the vet to have his nail trimmed [emoji43] I just canā€™t imagine that either. Any ideas from anybody would be great. Thanks in advance
7c890e9b0db17917c1cb1623626655a0.jpg
4875a3e1493cce5be766d60d45d4ff23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Has he had a vet check up lately to make sure his health is good? Sometimes pain can cause grumpiness or aggressiveness.

I personally would not sedate just to get nails done.

If you have a good vet that is experienced with bulldogs, neutering should not be an issue.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Agree,

Make sure he has Bulldog experience
Mine actually owns 2

And the kept Ty for 48 hrs, post op

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Agree with [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]. sedate Is out of the question for nail clipping n neutering has nothing to do with his issues. Heā€™s in pain somewhere. He needs a checkup at the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
if this is a sudden change in behavior.... I agree, he is in pain somewhere and I would have a bulldog experienced vet check him from head to toe... explain the behavior change and make sure they listen to you.

BTW -- any changes in the house or to his routine? new family member, move recently?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Ear infections are one common cause of pain. Does Tiberius scratch at all at his ear or shake his head?

Tail pocket infections are another common cause. Does Tiberius have a tail pocket?

Orthopedic problems will be hard to diagnose without x rays.

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Iā€™m sorry I havenā€™t been on have had some health issues of my own and dealing with kids and [emoji190] dog. Tiberius has gotten slightly better he is still grumpy. He doesnā€™t have a tail pocket - we do wipe after every poop. We did end up purchasing a doggie lift and better nail grinder and we have done his nails it takes my husband & son holding treating him and me doing the clipping/grinding. His vet appointment showed him healthy but touchy wouldnā€™t let them look in his mouth or ears - honestly doesnā€™t surprise me I am the only one at home beside my husband that can wipe out his face and ears. He got a perfect bill of health. We have noticed that his hip muscles are tight and have been working on him - my husband is a massage therapist and Iā€™m in school for it. Dogs like humans needs love and massages too.
d13167e059670b8513f67886b536cebf.jpg
0d755e15e31d81c560aae39a7573ce09.jpg
04142fd517a032b37d8a0b9710d373b7.jpg
c614a98fd1a0b17c8b767b50191f62fc.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™m sorry I havenā€™t been on have had some health issues of my own and dealing with kids and [emoji190] dog. Tiberius has gotten slightly better he is still grumpy. He doesnā€™t have a tail pocket - we do wipe after every poop. We did end up purchasing a doggie lift and better nail grinder and we have done his nails it takes my husband & son holding treating him and me doing the clipping/grinding. His vet appointment showed him healthy but touchy wouldnā€™t let them look in his mouth or ears - honestly doesnā€™t surprise me I am the only one at home beside my husband that can wipe out his face and ears. He got a perfect bill of health. We have noticed that his hip muscles are tight and have been working on him - my husband is a massage therapist and Iā€™m in school for it. Dogs like humans needs love and massages too.

Hey there! Whatever works to get it done... as long as he is healthy that is what counts. Hopefully, he will get less grumpy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Hi there....Iā€™m interested buying one of them cause there is no way I can clip Dukeā€™s nail to this day. Right now itā€™s still shorten down from the walks n him speeding off the cement paths to run after Nyala or a toy...winter is around the corner so.....Iā€™m looking into the doggie lift. You mentioned you need the husband n son... is it cause furball will still giggle out? Asking cause that will probably be Duke

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Hi there....Iā€™m interested buying one of them cause there is no way I can clip Dukeā€™s nail to this day. Right now itā€™s still shorten down from the walks n him speeding off the cement paths to run after Nyala or a toy...winter is around the corner so.....Iā€™m looking into the doggie lift. You mentioned you need the husband n son... is it cause furball will still giggle out? Asking cause that will probably be Duke

My husband and son helped lift him up into it after we put the harness on him - heā€™s 76.6lbs of luv (not fat just built) and he would still try to swing around to nip at me when I was working on his nails - he used the door frame and his paws to move around [emoji23]. he was better then when on the floor and my son gave him some treats when he was still while i trimmed so we can try to condition him we will see I did get all four paws done so that is an accomplishment [emoji4]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
My husband and son helped lift him up into it after we put the harness on him - heā€™s 76.6lbs of luv (not fat just built) and he would still try to swing around to nip at me when I was working on his nails - he used the door frame and his paws to move around [emoji23]. he was better then when on the floor and my son gave him some treats when he was still while i trimmed so we can try to condition him we will see I did get all four paws done so that is an accomplishment [emoji4]

Dukeā€™s 50lbs but this is Duke weā€™re talking about. Heā€™s the type that can swing from walls or rip the frame out. Lol

Basically Iā€™m asking, once they are hanging in up there, are they secured enough so even if they move a lot they wonā€™t fall down?

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Dukeā€™s 50lbs but this is Duke weā€™re talking about. Heā€™s the type that can swing from walls or rip the frame out. Lol

Basically Iā€™m asking, once they are hanging in up there, are they secured enough so even if they move a lot they wonā€™t fall down?

I felt like he was secure the actual hanger is supposed to be drilled in we used our pull up bar and he did fine even swinging himself around though is heā€™s pretty active or feisty you may want an extra pair of hands Just in case I have no worryā€™s about Tiberius falling out of the lift though

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online