Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does my bulldog always pees n his blanket or anything soft I put in his kennel? He wonít pee on non soft surface

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and Tink
    Likes (Received)

Default Why does my bulldog always pees n his blanket or anything soft I put in his kennel? He wonít pee on non soft surface

So frustrating I hate having to have to be in the kennel on a hard surface can never put a blanket or cushions he will P on them every time. I can never buy him a doggy bed just to lie on this is crazy. is there anyway to snap out of this habit? Iíve heard the Bulldog breed tend to do this. is this true? And he is 5 yrs old FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog Vet in Training Lalaloopsie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why does my bulldog always pees n his blanket or anything soft I put in his kennel? He wonít pee on non soft surface

Yes, this is special bulldog traitnever ever I would believe that healthy adult dog can pee on his own bed...until I got a bulldogwhen they see something soft, they pee on it. We rent a house with hardwood floor in the 1st level, but 2nd floor is carpeted. We had to ban him from the 2nd floor, as this pig wants to wee there. Bathroom rugs are also his favourite spot, so I usually close the door. Otherwise I find a yellow spot on my white rugs. This is bulldog, baby!i tell to myself putting carpet into washing machined

dont worry, they can perf3tly sleep on the hard surface, no actual need for bed. Rolls of fat on bulldog can serve as bedding for them

3. Likes Schultz1503, Vikinggirl, juju07 liked this post
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why does my bulldog always pees n his blanket or anything soft I put in his kennel? He wonít pee on non soft surface

My guys don't pee on their bedding, but they eat them. I can't put any beds, pillows, blankets or towels in their crates because they will tear them apart and eat the stuffing from the beds and pillows and they will eat the towels. They also can't have any soft toys like Stuffies for the same reason. They sleep on their crate trays, which I feel bad about, but it's for their safety. They do have a pillow bed to lay on during the day when they are up, but can only be on them when they are with us.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

5. Likes helsonwheels, Schultz1503 liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Louie doesnít pee on his bedding but he rips everything up so when heís crates and no one is home, heís on the hard tray as well. He gets a crate pad at night whenís sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Schultz1503 liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Schultz1503 This is a common trait amoung many Bulldogs. Why?? That is the mystery! I am lucky mine grew out of it. I "think"(and someone will know) that it is even more common with males. At Jeffers.com they have cusioned plastic covered mats they call "prison beds". They are the same as prisoners use. I know @Davidh has the same type mats,but purchased elsewhere that they use. Maybe that would work for your "child"!
    "
    ďIt came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

9. Likes Schultz1503 liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

If you have no choice, remove all. Or... Wait a few days n reintroduced the blanket with a firm NO PEE!! and see what happens. Repeat n scold him Again....But after 2-3x stop and remove all. It worked with Duke. Animals in the wild don’t have blankets.

11. Likes Schultz1503, Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Duke is one clever boy Tank listens to my scolding,looks very guilty, shows remorse with all his body wiggling...but when he is alone at home...sometimes yellow spots on my snowwhite rugs appear if I’m so stupid that I forget to close the bathroom
    door

13. Likes helsonwheels, Manydogs, Schultz1503 liked this post
    Feed Store Operator
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tiger - Ty
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Gosh, I thought it was just mine that did that.

15. Likes Schultz1503 liked this post
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Clermont View Post
    Gosh, I thought it was just mine that did that.
    No, it’s common for them. I think Bulldogs want to be the only soft and fluffy object in the house, so all hugs and kisses are for them

17. Likes Manydogs, 2BullyMama, Schultz1503 liked this post
    New Bullie Mommy Become a 4 Paw Member juju07's Avatar
    Real Name
    Julia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brisket
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OMG Brisket does the same thing. His pen is in the living room which is all tiles but his crate is in my room which is all carpet. He has a patch of grass in his pen to pee on, so I thought he thinks of my carpet and all the rugs at home as grass. I thought it was just him lol Hopefully, he outgrows it

19. Likes Schultz1503 liked this post
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by juju07 View Post
    OMG Brisket does the same thing. His pen is in the living room which is all tiles but his crate is in my room which is all carpet. He has a patch of grass in his pen to pee on, so I thought he thinks of my carpet and all the rugs at home as grass. I thought it was just him lol Hopefully, he outgrows it

This patch of grass actually teaches him exactly what you said - any grasslike surface is for peeing. I don’t think it’s the best idea to use that grass to pee, as it is too complex for dogs to make difference between grass patch and bathroom rug. I always propose to use for emergency peeing dogs toilet with pads. It’s inexpensive and works magic, as puppy can’t eat the pee pad. And easy to clean, just change pad once a day usually. May be check something like this

https://www.overstock.com/Pet-Suppli...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

21. Likes juju07, Schultz1503 liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We've had 2 of 20+ of our own that peed on bedding. They slept in crates with no bedding. One slept on a horse pad...thick rubber material that can be cut to size, the other on the hard plastic kennel liner.
    You might consider a Kuranda Bed. Just make sure you order one that will fit inside your kennel. We have one of those for Zoey as she'll eat any other type of bedding.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

23. Likes 2BullyMama, Schultz1503 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads