how do you correct bad behavior?

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Ty is my first Bully, he's now 19 mo old, and very very active.
yesterday, he was constantly into and doing things he KNOW"S he's not allowed, ie; picking on smaller dog who doesn't like him, into the garbage, into the laundry basket, and chasing the cat.
usually just a firm NO, will suffice, but yesterday it didn't, I finally twice had to put him in time-out (crate)
It's been super cold here, so he's been pretty much inside all day and all night, so I'm thinking maybe just some "cabin-fever"

does "time-out" work for you guys?

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Ty is my first Bully, he's now 19 mo old, and very very active.
yesterday, he was constantly into and doing things he KNOW"S he's not allowed, ie; picking on smaller dog who doesn't like him, into the garbage, into the laundry basket, and chasing the cat.
usually just a firm NO, will suffice, but yesterday it didn't, I finally twice had to put him in time-out (crate)
It's been super cold here, so he's been pretty much inside all day and all night, so I'm thinking maybe just some "cabin-fever"

does "time-out" work for you guys?

Hi! I’ve always been advised that using the crate as a time out space is actually counter productive. For me, when my girl gets like that (and she does) it’s because she wants attention and to play. We will engage with her find one of her toys do tug of war and let her get It all out of her system. He just wants to play ! Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have used time out for Louie before when he gets overly obnoxious with Jax (4 year old Frenchie). We haven't had to do it in quite awhile now but we never had an issue with it. I also have a squirt bottle filled with part white vinegar and part water so when either of them aren't listening, I give a little squirt and the bad behavior usually stops immediately.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Errrrrrr....does time out for toddlers or teens work? Exactly! Loll

My 2 are extremely active and been very cold here. Not even fit for a human to be out. Finally got warmer as of the 2nd. So yes, if they are cabin fever as we say they will be little monsters. Nice to get them back out so they can walk n play. Calms them down. Just bare in mind still young n he will run after the cat or just plain not listen. Hey I'll lend you Duke. Trust me you'll find yours not so bad lol. Duke's new thing is dash, jump up in the air and land on Nyala.

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
yeah, I have a neon green squirt gun with lemon juice, that I had to use to keep him from play bitting, - play for him meant bleeding for me- it worked great, now all I have to do is show it to him and he stops.

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
lol lol lol, I can picture it lol,
in your picture, which one is duke?

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Same thing last night..........into everything, and peed on my shoes !!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

he'll spend most of today at the groomers, so maybe he'll be a little less energetic

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
lol lol lol, I can picture it lol,
in your picture, which one is duke?

A9BA85D9-76E0-4D8D-AEB5-0E52559F6513.jpeg
He makes Denise the Menace look timid.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Errrrrrr....does time out for toddlers or teens work? Exactly! Loll

My 2 are extremely active and been very cold here. Not even fit for a human to be out. Finally got warmer as of the 2nd. So yes, if they are cabin fever as we say they will be little monsters. Nice to get them back out so they can walk n play. Calms them down. Just bare in mind still young n he will run after the cat or just plain not listen. Hey I'll lend you Duke. Trust me you'll find yours not so bad lol. Duke's new thing is dash, jump up in the air and land on Nyala.

You know who else jumps in the air to pounce? Yup...you know who...Duke's evil twin brother. Poor Jax will be on the floor doing whatever and Louie will jump off the couch and land on him.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
You know who else jumps in the air to pounce? Yup...you know who...Duke's evil twin brother. Poor Jax will be on the floor doing whatever and Louie will jump off the couch and land on him.

Lollll. Little buggers. Nyala is solid thank god for that. When Duke does that she immediately turns around and snaps at him. You think he stops? Pfffff. Rams into her and they’re off playing rough. Hey it Burns energy! Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lollll. Little buggers. Nyala is solid thank god for that. When Duke does that she immediately turns around and snaps at him. You think he stops? Pfffff. Rams into her and they’re off playing rough. Hey it Burns energy! Lol

These boys are something else!! Louie might be bigger than Jax but Jax still pins him down and shows him who's boss.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep -- part cabin fever, but also around 18-20 months they go into the teenage rebellion stage... so you might have to also be a little more firm in keep on top of him --- such stinkers

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.