Toilet

Billylee

Jan 3, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Billy
Hi I am really in need of help ..my 10 week old pup has not a clue when he's weeing or pooing he does it sat on you or in his bed or when he's asleep ..i keep putting him on his pads and if he does do anything I give him a treat ..he dosent sniff around to look like he needs to do anything he just does it anywhere can anybody have any suggestions

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
First, welcome!

Second, 10 weeks old is just a baby. Do you have a schedule for taking him out? At that age, they can’t hold it very long. Puppies should be taken out about 15 minutes or so after eating or drinking and immediately after a play session or waking up from a nap. And then at least every hour or so or sooner if you see him start to sniff around.

Also big praise and giving treats immediately after he does go outside will help him learn.

Both of my guys were trained around 5/6 months. Some will take longer and maybe some shorter. But the key is consistency and getting on a schedule.

It’s a lot of work but if you stick to it, you will be passed the potty training phase before you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Are you sure he is does not have incontinence? From your description it looks a bit strange. Usually they go somewhere to do it. Was he tested by vet for spina bifida?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17929]Billylee[/MENTION] It sounds like he may be a Spina Bifida baby-having no control of his bowels or urine. He needs to be checked out by your veterinarian and you need to talk to the breeder you purchased from. This means lifelong wearing of diapers. [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
[MENTION=17929]Billylee[/MENTION] It sounds like he may be a Spina Bifida baby-having no control of his bowels or urine. He needs to be checked out by your veterinarian and you need to talk to the breeder you purchased from. This means lifelong wearing of diapers. [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]
yes, sounds like SB to me. Even an 8 week old or younger puppy will “assume the position” to pee or poop unless they have no feeling. I find it difficult to believe that the breeder had not suspected something was amiss.

At what age did you take ownership of this pup. If this pup does, in fact, have SB then your choices are limited.
1. Return the puppy to the breeder for a full refund plus any diagnostic costs(if not paid for up front by the breeder). The breeder will likely euthanize the puppy.
2. Take on the responsibility of having a bulldog in diapers for the entirety of its life. Many have had success with this route and there are support groups/forums to help you along the way.