Thread: Too tired to go potty?

Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sherman
    Likes (Received)

Question Too tired to go potty?

Sherman loves to sleep. Some days he sleeps so much he doesnít go to the bathroom! He might go out after dinner and before bed, but doesnít bother all day. He has a dog door so availability isnít an issue. This isnít every day, but I think itís strange! Today Iíve been home with him all day and while itís pretty cold outside, he hasnít been out. Is this ďnormal?Ē

2. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Too tired to go potty?

wellllllll, i surly dont know. Hank is pretty regular bout going out and loves the out of doors. Wonder what others will bring

Dog Show Judge
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Bella can go 13-14 hours without going out. When she wakes up in the morning she won't even want to go out for sometimes an hour or so.

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

My Frenchie only goes out a couple times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

I have very active dogs always want to go out. Being -40 I have to limit them but when it’s normal temps I make a point they go outside n play or I’ll go with them. I personally don’t find it healthy for any dog in a house sleeping all day. That being said....how old is your dog? Bare in mind when it’s very cold outside often dogs don’t want to go out. Just mine are not normal lolll

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Lambeau will sleep all day when Lewis is home and he has to force him up and out. Cheli likes to go out every few hours even just to go out and come back in
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Hoosier If it were my dog, I would take him out on a leash,late morning, or before you go to work. I would like to make sure he goes--just me.
    "
    ďIt came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sherman
    Likes (Received)

I usually go out with him in the morning and before bed. Even though he has a dog door, I think it’s important he feels safe outside ( he has very limited eyesight). That said, when it’s raining or cold, I drag him out, yet he refuses to go and then barrels back inside. What a diva!

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daphne
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Sherman loves to sleep. Some days he sleeps so much he doesnít go to the bathroom! He might go out after dinner and before bed, but doesnít bother all day. He has a dog door so availability isnít an issue. This isnít every day, but I think itís strange! Today Iíve been home with him all day and while itís pretty cold outside, he hasnít been out. Is this ďnormal?Ē
    I usually wake Ollie up between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. He goes right out the doggie door and immediately pees a river and does a poop. I stand and watch him and he knows heís not getting back in until he does those two things. I donít care if we both wait an hour. Then he goes right back to sleep. He has breakfast around 8. Since weíre in Florida, heís in and out all day long. I have no idea what he does bathroomwise out there except that we scoop huge shovelfuls of Ollie poop.
    Ollie usually falls asleep after his dinner watching TV in the great room. We wake him up at nine or so. Again, no come back in until you show evidence of a poop and a big pee. He knows the motion activated spotlight is on him and Iím spying. He does the deed and goes back to sleep.

Thatís our life. Itís one big elimination marathon. Very exciting.

14. Likes Hceril liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG View Post
    I usually wake Ollie up between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. He goes right out the doggie door and immediately pees a river and does a poop. I stand and watch him and he knows he’s not getting back in until he does those two things. I don’t care if we both wait an hour. Then he goes right back to sleep. He has breakfast around 8. Since we’re in Florida, he’s in and out all day long. I have no idea what he does bathroomwise out there except that we scoop huge shovelfuls of Ollie poop.
    Ollie usually falls asleep after his dinner watching TV in the great room. We wake him up at nine or so. Again, no come back in until you show evidence of a poop and a big pee. He knows the motion activated spotlight is on him and I’m spying. He does the deed and goes back to sleep.

That’s our life. It’s one big elimination marathon. Very exciting.

Lol...

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moose
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Sherman loves to sleep. Some days he sleeps so much he doesn’t go to the bathroom! He might go out after dinner and before bed, but doesn’t bother all day. He has a dog door so availability isn’t an issue. This isn’t every day, but I think it’s strange! Today I’ve been home with him all day and while it’s pretty cold outside, he hasn’t been out. Is this “normal?”
    I used to think it was funny watching youtube videos of bulldog owners and their lazy dogs. Now that I am experiencing first hand it's not as funny Moose seems like he doesn't want to go outside. If we let him walk in the morning, he'd pee in the hallway as we live on the 2nd floor of apartment building. So I have to seduce him with treats and plenty of pulls and tugs along the way. What's very interesting is once he sees the area where I take him to pee he runs to it. He also knows the way back in and is very eager to run back home. I'm hoping this is temporary as he gets used to going outside (he's only 15 weeks old) and the temperature gets warmer. What's worked for me is treats, making noise with keys or just flat out carrying him

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads