Too tired to go potty?

Hoosier

Dec 2, 2017
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Sherman loves to sleep. Some days he sleeps so much he doesnā€™t go to the bathroom! He might go out after dinner and before bed, but doesnā€™t bother all day. He has a dog door so availability isnā€™t an issue. This isnā€™t every day, but I think itā€™s strange! Today Iā€™ve been home with him all day and while itā€™s pretty cold outside, he hasnā€™t been out. Is this ā€œnormal?ā€

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
wellllllll, i surly dont know. Hank is pretty regular bout going out and loves the out of doors. Wonder what others will bring :)

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella can go 13-14 hours without going out. When she wakes up in the morning she won't even want to go out for sometimes an hour or so.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My Frenchie only goes out a couple times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have very active dogs always want to go out. Being -40 I have to limit them but when itā€™s normal temps I make a point they go outside n play or Iā€™ll go with them. I personally donā€™t find it healthy for any dog in a house sleeping all day. That being said....how old is your dog? Bare in mind when itā€™s very cold outside often dogs donā€™t want to go out. Just mine are not normal lolll

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lambeau will sleep all day when Lewis is home and he has to force him up and out. Cheli likes to go out every few hours even just to go out and come back in

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17832]Hoosier[/MENTION] If it were my dog, I would take him out on a leash,late morning, or before you go to work. I would like to make sure he goes--just me.

OP
H

Hoosier

Dec 2, 2017
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
I usually go out with him in the morning and before bed. Even though he has a dog door, I think itā€™s important he feels safe outside ( he has very limited eyesight). That said, when itā€™s raining or cold, I drag him out, yet he refuses to go and then barrels back inside. What a diva!

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Sherman loves to sleep. Some days he sleeps so much he doesnā€™t go to the bathroom! He might go out after dinner and before bed, but doesnā€™t bother all day. He has a dog door so availability isnā€™t an issue. This isnā€™t every day, but I think itā€™s strange! Today Iā€™ve been home with him all day and while itā€™s pretty cold outside, he hasnā€™t been out. Is this ā€œnormal?ā€

I usually wake Ollie up between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. He goes right out the doggie door and immediately pees a river and does a poop. I stand and watch him and he knows heā€™s not getting back in until he does those two things. I donā€™t care if we both wait an hour. Then he goes right back to sleep. He has breakfast around 8. Since weā€™re in Florida, heā€™s in and out all day long. I have no idea what he does bathroomwise out there except that we scoop huge shovelfuls of Ollie poop.
Ollie usually falls asleep after his dinner watching TV in the great room. We wake him up at nine or so. Again, no come back in until you show evidence of a poop and a big pee. He knows the motion activated spotlight is on him and Iā€™m spying. He does the deed and goes back to sleep.

Thatā€™s our life. Itā€™s one big elimination marathon. Very exciting.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I usually wake Ollie up between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. He goes right out the doggie door and immediately pees a river and does a poop. I stand and watch him and he knows heā€™s not getting back in until he does those two things. I donā€™t care if we both wait an hour. Then he goes right back to sleep. He has breakfast around 8. Since weā€™re in Florida, heā€™s in and out all day long. I have no idea what he does bathroomwise out there except that we scoop huge shovelfuls of Ollie poop.
Ollie usually falls asleep after his dinner watching TV in the great room. We wake him up at nine or so. Again, no come back in until you show evidence of a poop and a big pee. He knows the motion activated spotlight is on him and Iā€™m spying. He does the deed and goes back to sleep.

Thatā€™s our life. Itā€™s one big elimination marathon. Very exciting.

Lol...

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose

I used to think it was funny watching youtube videos of bulldog owners and their lazy dogs. Now that I am experiencing first hand it's not as funny :no: Moose seems like he doesn't want to go outside. If we let him walk in the morning, he'd pee in the hallway as we live on the 2nd floor of apartment building. So I have to seduce him with treats and plenty of pulls and tugs along the way. What's very interesting is once he sees the area where I take him to pee he runs to it. He also knows the way back in and is very eager to run back home. I'm hoping this is temporary as he gets used to going outside (he's only 15 weeks old) and the temperature gets warmer. What's worked for me is treats, making noise with keys or just flat out carrying him :whew:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online