Fed up and seeking advice for our 4 year old English Bulldog

WeDJ72

Dec 5, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
So.... a little about our English bulldog. She is 4 years old and very loving. We are having a few issues though and I am at a loss and beyond fed up. I am hoping for some advice.
I really do not want to hear that I am treating my dog badly as I am not, I love my dog, and this is why I am posting what I am posting, not to get attacked. She is very loved and in a great home.

Let me start by explaining her. When she was adopted by us she was extremely overweight. She still is overweight. We have tried walking her, we do still walk her but she tires out very fast (I think due to her weight) but we can usually get her around the block and that is pretty much it. She comes home and pants for hours. We sometimes canā€™t get her around the block and have to turn around. Initially we saw a weight loss of a few pounds, that was it.

We also have another dog, who is a puppy and we have him on a puppy food, which, we have been separating the food (she goes in one room to eat) he goes in the other and they are fed. What is starting to drive me crazy is she will hold out all day & night until she completely realizes she is not getting the puppy food and has to eat her own food. If the door gets opened and she comes in while he is eating she immediately runs to the bowl and will scarf down anything possible. This was not an issue a few months ago as it was basically a free feed sort of thing until we had to separate the food. Reason being - she gets ***** all over the house. I have read all over the internet about their tails and amputation surgery, but I donā€™t even think this is the issue. She always has diarrhea and when she comes in from outside it is dripping down her backside. If I donā€™t immediately catch that she just went #2 it is all over our couch or the rug, or anywhere else she decides to jump and rub on. Iā€™m so over wiping this dogs butt... I literally cannot handle it anymore. This is probably the biggest issue we have.... I heard from someone to try Hills food & they basically bashed me for what food I was giving her and that ā€œBulldogs have sensitive stomachsā€ which I did not know as she is the first one we have had. Well, the food hasnā€™t changed a thing with the pooping issue we have. I donā€™t know how much longer i can handle her destroying anything she goes near with her behind. Any feedback?

Next, she has been doing this annoying thing at night. She has never been allowed on our bed. She is too big for one, the pooping problem we have had since we adopted her - it has always been a no-no. She has a bed right at the end of ours and she will lay there, or whine at the end of our bed, or bark. Sometimes she even stands on her back legs trying to get onto the bed. But thatā€™s not all - she will do this all night. She will stop, sleep, wake up at 3 am and start this all over again. It is not because she has to go potty or canā€™t get out of our room, the door is left open and she can get outside whenever she wants as we have a dog door. This is another thing driving me absolutely insane.

Lastly, I almost feel like lately she is doing things just to bother me. This is where I get attacked. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t love my dog, I do - but I am dealing with something difficult at the moment and I cannot take the attitude from her. Itā€™s almost like even her presence is annoying TF out of me and I feel horrible for even saying this. I will be walking and she will just stop, stand in my way, not move, to the point where I either trip over her or I have to go around her. She has also been doing this thing where she will come up and lick the back of my leg and follow me around and just hump me while she is nonstop licking my leg. I will tell her no and try to work with her- it simply doesnā€™t work. My finance has thought it was hilarious until she started doing it to him a few weeks ago. It isnā€™t funny, itā€™s not cute, I get really disgusted by it and I am assuming it is a dominance thing as she is fixed, but it has to stop. Lastly, we will be on the couch watching tv, with another couch where nobody is on the couch, completely open, she has accesss to it and she will whine and cry until you get up and move. If she can she will weasel her way into your seat. You tell her no, or get up and coerce her to the open seat, she will lay down, the second you sit down, she gets up to do it again. If she is able to steal your seat and you move, she will do it all over again the next time you sit down. Everyone says It sounds like she needs attention, but she gets plenty of it, she is exercised, itā€™s almost like itā€™s a stubborn thing, literally - where it feels like she does this tonjust annoy us. We can handle this when we are home, itā€™s extremely embarrassing when somebody comes over and she will not stop doing this with them.

So where I am going with this is.... I donā€™t know what to do. I love her dearly, I would never give her up, we are willing to work with her but I donā€™t know where to turn. I feel bad because as I said her presence alone is just annoying me so badly and I feel like I am not trying hard enough with her. I just had a death near to me and I am having a hard time coping, and I cannot take the nonstop neediness, diva attitude. Has anyone else dealt with any of these issues? Any idea?????

Edit! This has nothing to do with the puppy in the house, this was occurring long before we brought him in (besides the food separation)

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
What you describe is really awful...Her food isnā€™t suitable for her most probably, unless she has chronic colitis or something of that sort. My dog was never able to eat any commercial food, I tried different ones, and he had diarrhoea with any of them, so I home cook. He eats beef with lentils and sweet potato. I donā€™t believe in dry foods, it like feeding people only food from the box. May be try frozen fresh foods? Dry foods are too rich in fat and protein for many dogs.
For bedroom thing - I just donā€™t allow my dog into bedroom at night. Close the door. Otherwise he will come and put his snotty nose in my face, checking if Iā€™m ready to get up and cook his breakfast.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Sorry that you AND Sam are going through this. It's a lot to cover, so......question, when was the last time Sam was seen by a Vet? Especially for the chronic diarrhea? Thyroid issues?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have to concur with the above regarding what the vet has said as that could be the key. While it could be food related that isn't always the case as I once had a Ridgeback that no matter what food we gave him he had explosive :poo: and after about a year we finally found out that it was due to the bacteria count in his stomach being way to high so we had to put him on Tylan powder to bring it down and after a week or so he was fine.

As for the barking at night, humping, and getting in your way.... I hate to say it but bulldogs naturally want to be as close to their owners as possible 90% of their lives so they will do the things like you mention. Some people will say that her age will make it impossible to alter her behavior. That is a load of crap. It will be difficult but it can be done for sure. You just have to remain persistent and positive no matter how frustrating it gets. The humping and getting the in way you can try the old firm no and redirect to something more acceptable. It will take time but should work. For the nightly barking..... Have you tried crate training or having her sleep in a different room?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Bentley's stools get very loose to watery if he eats food with grains. He is now on a grain free diet and does well.

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
So.... a little about our English bulldog. She is 4 years old and very loving. We are having a few issues though and I am at a loss and beyond fed up. I am hoping for some advice.
I really do not want to hear that I am treating my dog badly as I am not, I love my dog, and this is why I am posting what I am posting, not to get attacked. She is very loved and in a great home.

Let me start by explaining her. When she was adopted by us she was extremely overweight. She still is overweight. We have tried walking her, we do still walk her but she tires out very fast (I think due to her weight) but we can usually get her around the block and that is pretty much it. She comes home and pants for hours. We sometimes canā€™t get her around the block and have to turn around. Initially we saw a weight loss of a few pounds, that was it.

We also have another dog, who is a puppy and we have him on a puppy food, which, we have been separating the food (she goes in one room to eat) he goes in the other and they are fed. What is starting to drive me crazy is she will hold out all day & night until she completely realizes she is not getting the puppy food and has to eat her own food. If the door gets opened and she comes in while he is eating she immediately runs to the bowl and will scarf down anything possible. This was not an issue a few months ago as it was basically a free feed sort of thing until we had to separate the food. Reason being - she gets ***** all over the house. I have read all over the internet about their tails and amputation surgery, but I donā€™t even think this is the issue. She always has diarrhea and when she comes in from outside it is dripping down her backside. If I donā€™t immediately catch that she just went #2 it is all over our couch or the rug, or anywhere else she decides to jump and rub on. Iā€™m so over wiping this dogs butt... I literally cannot handle it anymore. This is probably the biggest issue we have.... I heard from someone to try Hills food & they basically bashed me for what food I was giving her and that ā€œBulldogs have sensitive stomachsā€ which I did not know as she is the first one we have had. Well, the food hasnā€™t changed a thing with the pooping issue we have. I donā€™t know how much longer i can handle her destroying anything she goes near with her behind. Any feedback?

Next, she has been doing this annoying thing at night. She has never been allowed on our bed. She is too big for one, the pooping problem we have had since we adopted her - it has always been a no-no. She has a bed right at the end of ours and she will lay there, or whine at the end of our bed, or bark. Sometimes she even stands on her back legs trying to get onto the bed. But thatā€™s not all - she will do this all night. She will stop, sleep, wake up at 3 am and start this all over again. It is not because she has to go potty or canā€™t get out of our room, the door is left open and she can get outside whenever she wants as we have a dog door. This is another thing driving me absolutely insane.

Lastly, I almost feel like lately she is doing things just to bother me. This is where I get attacked. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t love my dog, I do - but I am dealing with something difficult at the moment and I cannot take the attitude from her. Itā€™s almost like even her presence is annoying TF out of me and I feel horrible for even saying this. I will be walking and she will just stop, stand in my way, not move, to the point where I either trip over her or I have to go around her. She has also been doing this thing where she will come up and lick the back of my leg and follow me around and just hump me while she is nonstop licking my leg. I will tell her no and try to work with her- it simply doesnā€™t work. My finance has thought it was hilarious until she started doing it to him a few weeks ago. It isnā€™t funny, itā€™s not cute, I get really disgusted by it and I am assuming it is a dominance thing as she is fixed, but it has to stop. Lastly, we will be on the couch watching tv, with another couch where nobody is on the couch, completely open, she has accesss to it and she will whine and cry until you get up and move. If she can she will weasel her way into your seat. You tell her no, or get up and coerce her to the open seat, she will lay down, the second you sit down, she gets up to do it again. If she is able to steal your seat and you move, she will do it all over again the next time you sit down. Everyone says It sounds like she needs attention, but she gets plenty of it, she is exercised, itā€™s almost like itā€™s a stubborn thing, literally - where it feels like she does this tonjust annoy us. We can handle this when we are home, itā€™s extremely embarrassing when somebody comes over and she will not stop doing this with them.

So where I am going with this is.... I donā€™t know what to do. I love her dearly, I would never give her up, we are willing to work with her but I donā€™t know where to turn. I feel bad because as I said her presence alone is just annoying me so badly and I feel like I am not trying hard enough with her. I just had a death near to me and I am having a hard time coping, and I cannot take the nonstop neediness, diva attitude. Has anyone else dealt with any of these issues? Any idea?????

Edit! This has nothing to do with the puppy in the house, this was occurring long before we brought him in (besides the food separation)

I have to agree she need to see a vet for a full work up to find out if there is any stomach issues.

You don't mention what she does weigh. Have you spoke to her vet about her weight? I have one that has weight issues and we have to cut out all treats and she gets 2 cups of food a day now and that is it. The only treats she gets is fresh vegs . We also in the winter months (here in Michigan) walking is not always a option :) cut her food down and giver her 3/4 of a cup 2 twice a day of the dry good quality kibble and mix in some fresh veg to make up the rest. If after the vet says she has no issues with her stomach there is things you can do like add a probiotic and some pumpkin to her food. I am not a fan of hills food but there is a lot of good food out there if you go to dogfoodadvisor.com you can see the brands a quality of food that would be better for her. Bulldogs do have issues there is no doubt about that and food is a lot of there issues all 7 of my kids are on a grain free food and I have 3 that are on a grain free food that doesn't have anything as they are allergic to everything :(

Now as far as other issues you don't say if she is crate trained or not. I don't allow any of mine in the bedroom the rest of the house fine but sometimes sleeping with them is hard to do :) If she is not crate trained you may want to do that not everyone agrees with crate training and that's fine for me it is a the best with 7 dogs in my house it is a safety issue for them if they are all out and someone is not home or we are sleeping. I like to be able to know what room I have to run into should there be a emergency in the middle of the night that I need to get me and my dogs to safety. Or should emergency personally need to get into my home to save my dogs I want them to know which room to go in and how many there are in there.

As for the stopping in your way sorry to say that's a bulldog thing and they always seem to want to be where ever you are so they will stand in your way to see where you are going so they can follow. Even if your just going to the bathroom :)

The licking a humping could be a dominance thing it is hard to say. My recommendation for that is a good firm stop walking and tell her know you can reinforce this with a old soda can with a few pennies in it and when she does something you don't like shake it and tell her no the reason for the can is it gets her attention so she knows if she sees or hears the can she should not be doing that it will take time and patients but it does work. You can also use a spray bottle with just water in it which has the same effect.

As far as the couch is it just because she wants to sit with you or is it she want you to move? I have one that seems to think my chair is hers and has to sit with me constantly which is fine because that's why I have a extra large chair so they can sit with me but the min I get up she will take up the whole chair so it is one of those things where I have to move her over so I can sit back down :) They are very loving dogs and want to be with there human a lot my guess would be she just want to cuddle with you when your on the couch. They like to be next to people you say she gets enough attention and you may think she does but to her it isn't enough they would sooner sit on the couch or chair or even the floor to be with you then go for a walk.

As for when company comes over and her wanting to sit on the couch you can try the can with pennies that does work to let her know not to get up on the couch with them.

You don't say if you have a fenced yard that she can play in. How does she get along with your other dog? How long have you had the other dog? Do they play together in the yard? What type of dog is the new one?
They are not a fan of change so some of your issues could have been because of the new dog it is hard to say with out knowing the whole situation.

You didn't say if you adopted her from a rescue or a shelter did they give you any information about her previous home? She was overweight but was she used to being with her owner all the time or was she left on her own (this could be why she wants attention so much) You don't say why the previous owners gave her up if they got a new dog and then got rid of her she could be thinking you may do the same thing since you got a second dog so your that could be why your problems are getting worse and she needs more assurance that it wont happen again. You also didn't say if the bathroom issue could be why the previous owners got rid of her if that is the case you really need to have a good bulldog vet look at her as she could very well have so health issues that they didn't fix.

I hope some of this helps :) good luck and remember she is 4 so she might as well be a 2 year old child which will try your patients at every turn :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I know this is hard for you,especially now that you are trying to grieve. I know how that is,and everything(such as what you are dealing with) is much more magnified when you are try to deal with a death. You really need,as was said, to take her to a good veterinarian who knows bulldogs. She could have bacterial infection,parasites,food allergies,or any number of things. Just about all EBD's need grain free food, or raw,as they tend to be sensitive. I know that even dealing with taking her to the vet right now is probably a major challenge for you, but sounds like it is needed. The last bulldog I adopted was so needy,as she was not allowed in the house where she came from. She stuck to me like glue, every time I made a move,she would jump up,follow me,stop in front of me to see which way I was going to go. She was/is very insecure. It has taken awhile, but sometimes she will stay in the spot she is in, if I tell her"I will be right back!" Lucky for me, she didn't have the pooping problem. I believe your dog has been through alot,and is so needy because she is not feeling well,is very insecure, and craves love and attention. Health issues can magnify and other issues. A trip to a GOOD vet is important.
I am so sorry for your loss. I have dealt with many the last several years, and I know how it interferes with your ability to deal with other things. [MENTION=17837]WeDJ72[/MENTION]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=17837]WeDJ72[/MENTION] Firstly, WELCOME!!! So Sorry about the loss that you're coping with. Secondly, we are NOT here to bash you. We are here to help you. I will have to admit some like myself will get to the point but it's not bashing whatsoever...It's just straight forward. I never owned EB and will have to admit to that they are are different breed. It's either you accept it and work with them. They are like little mini humans...in your face! What she does always standing or sitting in your way, well that's what they do. So most of the time, they do that. I know you're grieving right now but make sure you which im sure you're doing is split the feelings about your grieving n training your furballs.

Ok... one thing you have to remember is that you adopted her. Good job!!!! So you wont know how she was really brought up, if she was doing whatever she wanted to do, what she ate etc etc. Adoption is basically "pick up the baggage", work with it and slowly change it to YOUR liking. But you NEED to accept she was brought up by someone else and has some faults. Hey dont we all? Bare in mind, ALL dogs will sense anyone that is grieving, sick etc. She might just be in your face as she's probably just want to comfort you and she doesn't know how but just doing things thats you think it's annoying which is really not. She's being her.

For her food. If it's feasible, go (frozen) raw!!! You will eliminate ALL issues. Or go half half. One thing for sure if a dog any breed has diarrhea non stop, you need to get that poop tested as mentioned above! You absolutely need to give her probiotics so the good bacteria in the gut takes over the bad one (why one reason she has diarrhea). I feed my furball frozen REAL GREEN TRIPE from the pet shop. Loaded of natural probiotics. All frozen raw food is loaded of probiotics. I dont know what you're feeding her either but if you want to stick to kibbles only, stick to Acana or Fromm. Orijen is the best but she needs to lose weight n orijen is too rich for her. Start one ONE protein per bag, make a list what she can accept without allergies. Takes about one bag per month to see results. Then change protien for another month etc etc. Both Acana n Fromm has one protein per bag. Basically NO GRAINS! Check the word "meal n by-products" in your kibbles. https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing-dog-food/about-meat-meal/ bookmark this link as dog advisor is one great website to see what's in all dog food. Subscribe to it if you want to get alerts on recalls. Add pumpkin to the meals as it helps all diarrhea. Make sure when she poops outs shes NOT eating your other dogs poop. That will trigger diarrhea guarantee! If she cant walk far just make sure she plays outside with your other pup. Throw them a ball or any toys so they run for it. You n your boyfriend need to force them run n play. That's exercising. Eventually she'll get more energy, walk further with the other puppy. Btw how much food you feed her, what are you feeding her n what are the treats???

Licking is a dog thing. So will lick n some wont. My little one licks non stop, he's getting better as all I do is push is face with a firm NO LICK!!! He's starting to get it. Still doing it but less.

Wanting to creep into bed with you guys? Well it's not rocket science, just shut the door or crate her. She will whine for sure but that's where YOU need to be patient n ignore it. Eventually she will stop.

Put it this way, if it was a human child, what/how would you cope with the diarrhea, crawing into bed, lossing weight???? EXACTLY! you would get to a doctor to resolve the diarrhea issue. Crawling into bed you would bring the child in her room/bed. Lossing weight, you would feed her differently n healthier. Just remember that its NOT just all you that has to train her. It's the WHOLE household that has to be on the same page.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor and I say hi and welcome!

Castor often has loose stools and what has helped him is dried carrots. We buy something looking like this and he gets one spoon with his food. He eats Acana - we have tried lots of brands and raw food but Acana lamb seems to work best.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
What are you feeding?
How much are you feeding?
Has either dog ever been kenneled?
Has 4 yr old seen a Vet for the issues you describe?
If so, what did the Vet say?
Can you clearly see a well defined dip at your 4yr old's waist(where the rib cage ends)?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Welcome and thank you for rescuing!

How long has Sam been with you?

What food do you feed brand and protein.. how much are you feeding at each meal?
I am also wondering if it could be colitis... my girl developed this after our first bulldog died and it was then triggered by stress. If it is she will need Tylan powder as someone else mentioned. Do you give a probiotic?

licking, humping, whining, following you , being under foot... some are signs of stress but also common bulldog behavior -- bulldogs are all about their humans and all they care about is being your shadow (as well as eating and sleeping). if you are stressed or depressed which dealing with a death will do this .. then she is sensing it and reacting to it.. to some level.

Between the stress of the death, your sensitivity at this time and her possibly still trying to settle in (this can take months, sorry not sure how long she has been with you) ... she needs structure and leadership which will correct the behavior you are not wanting.

Look up "nothing in life is free' it is very easy to use and will help her settle down. Also, with that when feeding, I would either feed her in her crate and do not release till your other pup is finished or, what we do in our house is... one eats, the other waits across the room and then fed in same bowl once the first pup is done eating.

No one here will 'attack' or 'lecture' you, we are here to help and guide as much as we can -- it is about support and getting you to a balanced place within the house.

Please post some pictures of the pups... we'd love to see them

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I agree with all the advice previously mentioned !!! You may want to try some of the remedies mentioned if your dog's stools aren't growing any parasites before starting your dog on tylosin or metronidazole if your vet wants to give you that.

Best probiotic would be a doggie probiotic like Proviable DC or Herbsmith Microflora Plus.
Next best would be green tripe, sauerkraut from refrigerator section of health food store, or kefir.
Otherwise you can give an unflavoured plain, no fat, probiotic yoghurt like Kirkland Greek Yoghurt from Costco.

I would try gradually introducing a dehydrated raw dog food like Honest Kitchen or Only Natural Easy Raw. Dog will for sure lose weight if you follow the recommended amounts although she will still poo a lot, but hopefully it will be a firmer poo. Another alternative as mentioned would be the frozen raw patties you can buy which will produce minimal poos.

Try giving a tablespoonful a day of canned pumpkin ( not the one used for filling ), or if that doesn't work you can try food grade diatomaceous earth 1 tablespoonful a day mixed in with food.

OP
W

WeDJ72

Dec 5, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
Hi everyone! She will he going into the vet this weekend. I also did read over everyoneā€™s comments but had a long day with work and hen the lovely Christmas party afterwards.

I just donā€™t think I am a bulldog person, LOL. I feel like with her there is a certain type of patience you need and I just donā€™t have it. Anywho, I am hoping to have some answers after the vet.
I also took advice from some of the posters and I am not allowing her in the bedroom at night anymore. My fiancĆ© and I need to be on the same page with this so we will be having that conversation this weekend as well. Although she may have been bored as I said it was a long day for me with work, I thought she was just laying on her bed licking her feet. I looked over at her and she had taken one of my shoes off the shoe rack to chew a hole through them. The hardest part is listening to her whine outside the door as I canā€™t sleep hearing it.

To be honest, I donā€™t know her weight currently. I will find out.
She gets a scoop of food in the morning which she eats - I always offer food at lunch (I come home on my break) she usually wonā€™t eat then, and then I offer food at night (usually the same scoop from lunch as she hasnā€™t ate it) At night she waits me out, like I will give in and let her have what the puppiy is eating and I donā€™t. I think my fiancĆ© gives in and doesnā€™t totally separate them and she gets into his food more than she should. She is on Hills Science diet, the light formula. I donā€™t know if this is a good food for her. I was told it was - but I will also look into the ingredients this weekend in regards to the grain free.
I donā€™t have time to cook for her, I can think about doing it and try it but realistically I donā€™t feel like I will have the time. Sometimes I donā€™t even cook dinner for us.
I will also discuss options with the pooping issue that I have been having and recommendations - so thank you all! I will keep everyone posted. I really appreciate all the feedback

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone! She will he going into the vet this weekend. I also did read over everyoneā€™s comments but had a long day with work and hen the lovely Christmas party afterwards.

I just donā€™t think I am a bulldog person, LOL. I feel like with her there is a certain type of patience you need and I just donā€™t have it. Anywho, I am hoping to have some answers after the vet.
I also took advice from some of the posters and I am not allowing her in the bedroom at night anymore. My fiancĆ© and I need to be on the same page with this so we will be having that conversation this weekend as well. Although she may have been bored as I said it was a long day for me with work, I thought she was just laying on her bed licking her feet. I looked over at her and she had taken one of my shoes off the shoe rack to chew a hole through them. The hardest part is listening to her whine outside the door as I canā€™t sleep hearing it.

To be honest, I donā€™t know her weight currently. I will find out.
She gets a scoop of food in the morning which she eats - I always offer food at lunch (I come home on my break) she usually wonā€™t eat then, and then I offer food at night (usually the same scoop from lunch as she hasnā€™t ate it) At night she waits me out, like I will give in and let her have what the puppiy is eating and I donā€™t. I think my fiancĆ© gives in and doesnā€™t totally separate them and she gets into his food more than she should. She is on Hills Science diet, the light formula. I donā€™t know if this is a good food for her. I was told it was - but I will also look into the ingredients this weekend in regards to the grain free.
I donā€™t have time to cook for her, I can think about doing it and try it but realistically I donā€™t feel like I will have the time. Sometimes I donā€™t even cook dinner for us.
I will also discuss options with the pooping issue that I have been having and recommendations - so thank you all! I will keep everyone posted. I really appreciate all the feedback

UGH.... Hills is crap food.. no wonder she wants what puppy has :) ! and the vet will try to talk you into the same stuff or Royal canin... stay off them both.
here are dome good kibble alternatives, not particular order, but all great grain free foods:
Earthborn Holistic
Fromm
Nature's Varity Instinct
Zingature
Acana
Orijen

Most Reactions