Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fed up and seeking advice for our 4 year old English Bulldog

Also try some slippery elm powder mixed with the food ,1/4 tsp for every 10 pounds mixed with her food once daily.The Soothing Qualities of Slippery Elm - Dogs Naturally Magazine

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sam
    Likes (Received)

Hi everyone! She will he going into the vet this weekend. I also did read over everyoneís comments but had a long day with work and hen the lovely Christmas party afterwards.

I just donít think I am a bulldog person, LOL. I feel like with her there is a certain type of patience you need and I just donít have it. Anywho, I am hoping to have some answers after the vet.
    I also took advice from some of the posters and I am not allowing her in the bedroom at night anymore. My fiancť and I need to be on the same page with this so we will be having that conversation this weekend as well. Although she may have been bored as I said it was a long day for me with work, I thought she was just laying on her bed licking her feet. I looked over at her and she had taken one of my shoes off the shoe rack to chew a hole through them. The hardest part is listening to her whine outside the door as I canít sleep hearing it.

To be honest, I donít know her weight currently. I will find out.
    She gets a scoop of food in the morning which she eats - I always offer food at lunch (I come home on my break) she usually wonít eat then, and then I offer food at night (usually the same scoop from lunch as she hasnít ate it) At night she waits me out, like I will give in and let her have what the puppiy is eating and I donít. I think my fiancť gives in and doesnít totally separate them and she gets into his food more than she should. She is on Hills Science diet, the light formula. I donít know if this is a good food for her. I was told it was - but I will also look into the ingredients this weekend in regards to the grain free.
    I donít have time to cook for her, I can think about doing it and try it but realistically I donít feel like I will have the time. Sometimes I donít even cook dinner for us.
    I will also discuss options with the pooping issue that I have been having and recommendations - so thank you all! I will keep everyone posted. I really appreciate all the feedback

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by WeDJ72 View Post
    Hi everyone! She will he going into the vet this weekend. I also did read over everyoneís comments but had a long day with work and hen the lovely Christmas party afterwards.

I just donít think I am a bulldog person, LOL. I feel like with her there is a certain type of patience you need and I just donít have it. Anywho, I am hoping to have some answers after the vet.
    I also took advice from some of the posters and I am not allowing her in the bedroom at night anymore. My fiancť and I need to be on the same page with this so we will be having that conversation this weekend as well. Although she may have been bored as I said it was a long day for me with work, I thought she was just laying on her bed licking her feet. I looked over at her and she had taken one of my shoes off the shoe rack to chew a hole through them. The hardest part is listening to her whine outside the door as I canít sleep hearing it.

To be honest, I donít know her weight currently. I will find out.
    She gets a scoop of food in the morning which she eats - I always offer food at lunch (I come home on my break) she usually wonít eat then, and then I offer food at night (usually the same scoop from lunch as she hasnít ate it) At night she waits me out, like I will give in and let her have what the puppiy is eating and I donít. I think my fiancť gives in and doesnít totally separate them and she gets into his food more than she should. She is on Hills Science diet, the light formula. I donít know if this is a good food for her. I was told it was - but I will also look into the ingredients this weekend in regards to the grain free.
    I donít have time to cook for her, I can think about doing it and try it but realistically I donít feel like I will have the time. Sometimes I donít even cook dinner for us.
    I will also discuss options with the pooping issue that I have been having and recommendations - so thank you all! I will keep everyone posted. I really appreciate all the feedback

UGH.... Hills is crap food.. no wonder she wants what puppy has ! and the vet will try to talk you into the same stuff or Royal canin... stay off them both.
    here are dome good kibble alternatives, not particular order, but all great grain free foods:
    Earthborn Holistic
    Fromm
    Nature's Varity Instinct
    Zingature
    Acana
    Orijen
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes Manydogs, Dollys Owner liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Sure would love to see photos
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads