BD peeing in his own daybed why?

UMP57

Jun 3, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
"BO'' JAC
Hello,
My 6mos. Bo Jac will pee in his daybed when moved, he naps and sleeps in it, when the kids want him to spend the night in their bedrooms he will always pee in the daybed then sleep on the
Floor next to it. Never has he peed in it when it's down stairs where the bed is always there
How come for this behavior? Can it be changed ?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
welcome and some good advice coming your way From those who have experienced similar... Crazy some of these guys just do that but there are some answers...

OP
U

UMP57

Jun 3, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
"BO'' JAC
I would love some advice and answers , I'm new to the breed, so much joy and laughter
And a lot that needs to be understood. Thanks for the reply!

- - - Updated - - -

I would love some advice and answers , I'm new to the breed, so much joy and laughter
And a lot that needs to be understood. Thanks for the reply!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Have you checked whether there's a draught (draft)? Castor started to wet his bed and I asked here for advice and got this tip to make sure he wasn't close to a window or AC. We did have the window open at night so we decided to move Castor's bed and the bed-wetting stopped.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello,
My 6mos. Bo Jac will pee in his daybed when moved, he naps and sleeps in it, when the kids want him to spend the night in their bedrooms he will always pee in the daybed then sleep on the
Floor next to it. Never has he peed in it when it's down stairs where the bed is always there
How come for this behavior? Can it be changed ?

:welcome3: to EBN!

A rule of thumb... they can only hold it 1 hour more than they are months old as puppies. So, at 6 months - 7 hours is his limit... make sure he goes potty before bedtime and the wake up time is less than 7 hours.
Also, some dogs just can not have bedding... till he is fully trained, I would remove all bedding and see if it helps

good luck

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.