Play, play,playyyyyyyyy

PeggyV

Sep 13, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Grace
I read on an English Bulldog site that bulldogs typically sleep 20 hours a day, which I thought sounded excessive. Grace, who is 12 weeks, apparently did not read that article LOL. She plays and is awake at least half the day. I am just curious what other people have found true with their own babies?

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Well my baby is awake most of the day to only sleeps when I make him lol very high spirited

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I read on an English Bulldog site that bulldogs typically sleep 20 hours a day, which I thought sounded excessive. Grace, who is 12 weeks, apparently did not read that article LOL. She plays and is awake at least half the day. I am just curious what other people have found true with their own babies?

Puppies will go through stages of excessive sleep due to growing, but once they get to be about 2 or 3 years old... most, not all, do sleep like 16 - 18 ours a day. And, when they do sleep less, they will make up for it the next day

Christopher

Oct 18, 2017
South Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kilowog
I totally understand what you are going through! Before my puppy got hurt, he broke his elbow :-(, he loved to play constantly, and when he's wasn't playing, he was whining for attention. Trust me, i gave him a lot. He was just insatiable. Lol. I found that teaching him to play fetch totally helped wear him out. He got tired fast. I just threw the toy a shorter and shorter distance until the puppy stoped to sleep. It worked like a charm. He got his exercise and play, then i got my me time. And he slept for a long time, too. All that running really tired him out! Anyways, i hope this is helpful. Good luck with your hyper baby! :-D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My guys were like that too when they were babies, but they are 5 1/2 years old now, and sleep most of the day, except when they go for potty breaks which is about every 4 to 5 hours during the day, and they go,on one long walk in the evening. Then they sleep. Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie is 8 months old and is like the energizer bunny...he never stops and then he’ll just pass out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
This is Gordon's 4th day in his new home and he's getting used to it pretty quickly. He will sleep for most of the day and every now and then he'll get up and ask for attention, I'll play with him for 20 min or so and he's back on snooze mode for another 3 to 4 hours. Well, except when I'm asleep, last night he stayed up howling (caught me by surprise, I was expecting whining) for a good hour, just hope the neighbors didn't get too annoyed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.