Where to put daytime crate?

3bugsmom

Jul 12, 2017
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie and Jack
I've been watching several videos and reading up on daytime crate training. We need this because one of our 12 week old pups has zero bladder control at this moment. Do you suggest crates out in the family room area where we all are ( I have kids) otnsomewhere more quiet like my bedroom. They sleep in crates by my bed at night.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I didn't do quite 'crate' training but,,, I did an xpen thing and always had him wherever I was... I would say in the front room or wherever you spend most of your time. I had a great set up where I had a nice solid piece of plastic under the whole x area with an open crate at one end and potty pad at the other. worked great.. others doing lots of crate training here though so you will get better advice ;)

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
What Hankster said is exactly what I've done with our 10 week old. This past week he's been learning to potty outside (hallelujah), but we feed him in his crate and put a potty pad at back half, to encourage his crate being a safe space and not punishment. It's been working thus far. Fingers crossed it continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We kept Harlea's crate where she would sleep at night which is our bedroom. However, we got a large play pen that we keep in my office that we used for training purposes when she was a pup. We still have it setup as the little miss can't be trusted when we are away for longer than an hour, but the rest of the time now when we are home we just leave the door open and she goes in and out as she pleases.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.