Chevy behaving badly HELP!!!

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Hi all most of u know my Chevy and remember when he was 8 or 9 wks old and was begging for help to get him to quit biting well he done really well he would nip every now and then but nothing like he was but now he is 15 wks old and has taken to barking and biting and I dont know if it is his energy level has spiked and that is just his way of saying let's play or if he is just being a brat which he has been known to be from time to time he is also playing rougher to and just as a side note he is eating us out of house and home he seems to be the bottemless pit never gets full I'm not sure if that has anything to do with anything just thought I'd throw that in there to help any advice will be grately appreciated I don't know if I should start all over with bite training or if this is a phase in which I should ignore it or if maybe he needs something to burn some of that endless energy he now has or if maybe puberty is at fault and I should do something new I just don't know

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
And for those of u that don't remember Chevy here he is
IMG_20170720_162730.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It's very normal for them to regress in their training... sort of like a adolescent tantrum... Lol I say just go back to the basics, when he act out consequences immediately. Find out what he hates the most and then use that... Willow is NOT a fan of the spray bottle, so I keep one on hand at all times... Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17222]Chevysmom[/MENTION] He is at the exact age where they usually regress! You think you've got it a-ok, and Oh no-here we go again! You must be in charge-(the alpha) and do not "spoil" him. He will try to take advantage of any sign of you giving in. As Tracey said, find something that he does not like such as the spray,and when he will not listen-use it. He has to respect you now-or you will be in big trouble as he grows older. There are some good Cesar videos that you could also watch,to give you support. YOU are the boss-not Chevy!:bigboss::paci:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
He's only 4 months old. I use to train other breeds and owning 2 bulldogs was like an eye opener for me especially with Duke. EB wont train like other breeds. Everything takes much longer with this breed. But it's fine...it is what it is. Like kids, not one will be the same. It takes more patient with them and you'll be fine. First is you need to breathe and stay calm before you do anything with Chevy or he'll pick up your energy and nothing you teach him will work. Basic training usually starts at 4 months old. Before that is like "what im I suppose to do again mommy? " start over with the sit n stay commands. Dont feed treats each time he does it. Just a "good boy" while you're giggling their fat will do. Word praising is just as good as treats. Puppies will eat till they drop. You're the one the owns the fridge, pantry, treats so you have control on his food.Btw, what do you feed him and how much? For bitting I tap the "side" of his mouth only never the top, with a firm NO and push him away firmly. Bulldogs are powerful they're not poodles so just be firm and push them with a firm "no". Your Chevy is a bit like Duke. These guys needs more training. Duke is getting better as he ages. Chevy will get there he's only 4 months old.

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
He does good with sit n stay down paw basic stuff he has been good with them for a while and he went through a biting stage and I pretty much had it under control n then this barking n biting stage hit and he eats fromm dog food and usually a half a cup 4 times a day we r trying to go down to three times a day now its just that usually he has a little left in the bowl not the last few days eating every drop n asking for more

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
He does good with sit n stay down paw basic stuff he has been good with them for a while and he went through a biting stage and I pretty much had it under control n then this barking n biting stage hit and he eats fromm dog food and usually a half a cup 4 times a day we r trying to go down to three times a day now its just that usually he has a little left in the bowl not the last few days eating every drop n asking for more

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Refresh my memory here, is it puppy or adult fromm? Some pups needs 3 cups a day especially like yours being 4months old n very active. If Chevy sleeps his nights 6hrs or so, that 1/2 in the morning will not cut it for him. Aside from his 2 cups, what else does he get throughout the day?

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Its puppy fromm and we train through out the day so he gets prob a total of another half a cup in treat puzzles n training his last vet visitwhich was about 3 wks ago he weighed 21.6 lbs n he has gained since then he feels like picking up a block of cement and last night he lost his first tooth n it was a front one to toooo cute lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I would give Chevy 1 cup of food in the morning and split the rest throughout the day.

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
I will give it a try do u think that may be some of his odd /bratty behavior maybe he is hangery lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online