Not biting, but gnawing puppy

katdef

Jul 6, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae
I know Daisy Mae is young, just about 5 mos old, and puppies' go through great amounts of teething. With that being said, she LOVES to gnaw on my hand. It starts out as excessive licking, but then she wants to gnaw on me like she's trying to find a place to latch on. It's not nipping, its not biting, and she has a TON of chew toys, but she just loves my hands. Thoughts? I'd hate for this to be some sort of coping mechanism.

Thanks!
KAT

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I know Daisy Mae is young, just about 5 mos old, and puppies' go through great amounts of teething. With that being said, she LOVES to gnaw on my hand. It starts out as excessive licking, but then she wants to gnaw on me like she's trying to find a place to latch on. It's not nipping, its not biting, and she has a TON of chew toys, but she just loves my hands. Thoughts? I'd hate for this to be some sort of coping mechanism.

Thanks!
KAT

Duke is 6 months now n was licking and try to like yours gnaw also my hands. He doesn't do that anymore cause when he did I would use the same hand he would gnaw and with a fast tap hard enough on his side cheek with a firm NO he got the message. Took a few time but he quit doing that. Sometimes he will still try cause he's just a pup n forgets. I point one finger at him n say NO...works

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.