helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sounds good. The 15 drop mixture says to put in a 2 oz
In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine: 15 drops Lavender 15 drops Geranium 15 drops Frankincense 15 drops Basil 10 drops Arborvitae. Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full

Lol ....thanks for the oversize font.... yes true but I didn't say it right. I use approx 4-5 oz bottle because 15 drops of each is a lot. I do understand for "immediately" bad infection like Sarah explains use 2oz bottle to kick it in the butt as we say. For Nyala's tail pocket its in a 4-5oz bottle. She doesn't need to have it potent as its done every 2 days.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I bet Nyala doesn't have bad allergies. Dogs with allergies get a lot of ear wax buildup and ear infections. Once a month drops won't cut it.

I do Nyala's tail every 2nd 3rd day max. I dont see any problem if you use it to start every 3 days to get rid of the infection. But if you read the last comment 2 drops of lavender n 4 drops of fractionated CO, that I would do daily only for a really BAD infections. There is no harm in these oils but we are talking about the ear canals so oil will make its way down there n keep all oily n will sting if you do not mix it with FCO. The 15drops mixture is with a 5oz bottle so it's diluted more. I dont use witch hazel as these oils are all for inflammations n already stings. If it's an outside rash or hives, yes I would do it 3x a day. I personally use the mixture once a month for Nyala's ears. There is really no brown dirt whatsoever. Nice n pink.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I bet Nyala doesn't have bad allergies. Dogs with allergies get a lot of ear wax buildup and ear infections. Once a month drops won't cut it.

Nyala has issues when she was a pup. Nothing major that was life threatening. Crystals, cherry eye, paw infection, limping, brown slimmy guk in her ears n eyes, rashes and of course on going tail pocket which is controlled. I do a lot of maintenance on Nyala. I don't always mention it cause....I just don't. Ive decided to get her on home cooking to get rid of her crystals. After weeks of going back and forth with vets n wanting to put her on RC I had enough n cooked for her. Issue solved in a week. Read @Saawi post on her 10yr old pup issue tried it stay with it to this day. Sometimes I tweak the mix by adding Tea Tree or Clove oil to get to the issue asap. She also eats to this day home cooking, added her more raw cause of Duke, broth, real green smelly tripe for probiotics, a bit of grasslands Acana and more....so you see, its all about maintenance. I believe just like in humans if you dont take care of yourself you will end up with issues. Maintenance is the key word as you know.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Nyala has issues when she was a pup. Nothing major that was life threatening. Crystals, cherry eye, paw infection, limping, brown slimmy guk in her ears n eyes, rashes and of course on going tail pocket which is controlled. I do a lot of maintenance on Nyala. I don't always mention it cause....I just don't. Ive decided to get her on home cooking to get rid of her crystals. After weeks of going back and forth with vets n wanting to put her on RC I had enough n cooked for her. Issue solved in a week. Read @Saawi post on her 10yr old pup issue tried it stay with it to this day. Sometimes I tweak the mix by adding Tea Tree or Clove oil to get to the issue asap. She also eats to this day home cooking, added her more raw cause of Duke, broth, real green smelly tripe for probiotics, a bit of grasslands Acana and more....so you see, its all about maintenance. I believe just like in humans if you dont take care of yourself you will end up with issues. Maintenance is the key word as you know.

I agree about maintenance being the key! Jax has really bad environmental allergies but I keep everything under control with the maintenance I do. It has just become part of my daily/weekly schedule. It can take awhile to figure out but once you do, it becomes much easier to manage. Both his regular vet and dermatologist are always amazed at how good he looks considering everything he is allergic to.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree about maintenance being the key! Jax has really bad environmental allergies but I keep everything under control with the maintenance I do. It has just become part of my daily/weekly schedule. It can take awhile to figure out but once you do, it becomes much easier to manage. Both his regular vet and dermatologist are always amazed at how good he looks considering everything he is allergic to.

That's because you get it.

Members online

No members online now.