Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
IMG_20170704_191455.jpg
This is my 11 WK old baby Chevy I am thinking of showing him in Aug in a 4-6 month baby show but he bites chews and nips me pretty much to death I have tried everything time outs yelping likes he's hurting me ignoring him then he just goes on to play by his self lol I have tried telling him no in a stern voice and treating him when he is not biting me I don't know what else to do there is no way I could take him to a show with him biting I don't know if he is just being a puppy or being a brat or if I should really b concerned any help would b great

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
View attachment 106832
This is my 11 WK old baby Chevy I am thinking of showing him in Aug in a 4-6 month baby show but he bites chews and nips me pretty much to death I have tried everything time outs yelping likes he's hurting me ignoring him then he just goes on to play by his self lol I have tried telling him no in a stern voice and treating him when he is not biting me I don't know what else to do there is no way I could take him to a show with him biting I don't know if he is just being a puppy or being a brat or if I should really b concerned any help would b great

Have a look at this
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...alk/54633-puppy-biting-proper-discipline.html

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
The BEST advice I got, from our Puppy Kindergarten Trainer, as I was shark bait for quite a while with Ellie, was 1st time redirect to puppy toy, 2nd time walk away (as you are doing), 3rd time = TIME OUT!! ( we got and X-Pen) and walk away till they calm down, then they are allowed to come out and try again.

This worked great for us, Ellie was quick to catch on....

That cutie is STILL ALL PUPPY and TEETHING, hang in there - YOU GOT THIS!! I used to CRY like it would never end...

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Some times it feels like it will never end last week I was changeingnthe blanket in his crate and he nipped at my face I couldn't get back fast enough and he sunk his top k9 tooth right into my top lip and as he went down it ripped it like u had sliced my lip with a knife and I don't think he really bit because it was all just one tooth and if he had I think it would have gone all the way threw my lip he got about a 20 min time out for that and he has never gotten a time out that long but omg it hurt sooooo bad and he knew he did something wrong because he came out and u could tell he was sorry but man will so b glad when this part is over

- - - Updated - - -

And what is a x- pen any thing like a puppy play pen

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I know it seems like it will never end, but it will. He is still a baby and biting is what they do. The shark teeth should go away around 4 months or so. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thanks I need the little ur doing it right pick me up and he's 11 wks so we r at the worst part of it I think

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Thanks I need the little ur doing it right pick me up and he's 11 wks so we r at the worst part of it I think

You are definitely doing it right!! Hang in there, we all need that reassurance, I know I definitely still do.

Yes and X-Pen is a doggie play pen area with a gate, if you google it, it will come up with some good options. We got ours at Petco, and surprisingly Ellie still uses hers on her own terms when she wants to chill out.

These little cuties, tend to get bitey when they get over tired and need that time out, plus they are in the prime stages of teething.

Keep coming here, we will get you through it!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
You are definitely doing it right!! Hang in there, we all need that reassurance, I know I definitely still do.

Yes and X-Pen is a doggie play pen area with a gate, if you google it, it will come up with some good options. We got ours at Petco, and surprisingly Ellie still uses hers on her own terms when she wants to chill out.

These little cuties, tend to get bitey when they get over tired and need that time out, plus they are in the prime stages of teething.

Keep coming here, we will get you through it!!
here is a pic of ellies x-pen
ec25610cc70ac93c2042898e29e1711a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
O OK I see I think I found Chevy one online we will give any thing a try man them little teeth are sooooooo sharp lol

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
When Tank was a baby, I was advised to stop this behaviour very decisively - when he does this, you flatten him on the floor, holding his neck, press gently but firmly, make him lie down and say NO BITING! This shows your dominance, shows him you are an alpha dog. If he still tries to go on, next step is taking him by this excessive skin on his neck and shaking a bit. This is how bully Momma punishes babies. But I may be needed this next step only once, usually presssing worked perfect.
Result is that Tank never nips me, I just tell him No biting and he obeys, but my hubby is his favourite chewing toy. Because bulldogs love to nip, and I don't know when it's gonna stop, but my Tank is 1,5 yo now, and still tries chewing people. But not his food, lol. Food he vacuums:D

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
O OK I see I think I found Chevy one online we will give any thing a try man them little teeth are sooooooo sharp lol

Good Morning!!

I COMPLETELY understand, I would Cry like a baby, Ellie was like this little Gnat with shark teeth, till we met our trainer.

She told me I had to be a tough Mama, that when I put her in her time out, told me to walk away, but I said she is barking, her answer, put on earphones, and listen to music or book and do my chores, I was super sad at first, but Ellie got the idea, and now she is my super snuggler, they will try to be the boss, but we just have to be firm but fair.

Hope today is good day for you and Chevy, not sure if said it, but I Love that name!!

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Good Morning!!

I COMPLETELY understand, I would Cry like a baby, Ellie was like this little Gnat with shark teeth, till we met our trainer.

She told me I had to be a tough Mama, that when I put her in her time out, told me to walk away, but I said she is barking, her answer, put on earphones, and listen to music or book and do my chores, I was super sad at first, but Ellie got the idea, and now she is my super snuggler, they will try to be the boss, but we just have to be firm but fair.

Hope today is good day for you and Chevy, not sure if said it, but I Love that name!!

Thanks we had a few names picked out or I did and of course my husband is a mechanic so Chevy it was I was quite partial to tank so we compromised Chevy tank sparks is his name ( lol had to give him our last name he's our first kid ) we joke and call him Chevy built like a tank sparks lol and as u can see he is brown and white so my hubby calls him two tone Chevy all the time lol and it suits him when he runs threw the house it sounds and looks like a truck just ran threw my living room

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thanks for the advice I think some of it may be a dominance thing because its not just during play it is when he gets mad or frustrated or when he wants ur attention and I also have a question about playing with him I won't play tug I like to and he loves it but he seems to get really really wound up and I noticed he seems to get so wound up playing fetch or anything that its like he will bite anything do u know of any games that I can play with him to burn some of his energy but not wind him up so bad I don't want to just not play with him all together that is how we always end our little training sessions just so its fun for him too any ideas

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks for the advice I think some of it may be a dominance thing because its not just during play it is when he gets mad or frustrated or when he wants ur attention and I also have a question about playing with him I won't play tug I like to and he loves it but he seems to get really really wound up and I noticed he seems to get so wound up playing fetch or anything that its like he will bite anything do u know of any games that I can play with him to burn some of his energy but not wind him up so bad I don't want to just not play with him all together that is how we always end our little training sessions just so its fun for him too any ideas

this is interesting to read as............. Though Hank has no biting issues at all, when he gets into playing, especially in the eve, he has a hard time settling down... I love that big green ball he chasses as he does that all on his own, and when I know it's time to stop, I ask him to step aside, (and he will) and then I pick it up and put it away.. He comes in with the energy blown, and does much better that way than when actively played with.. He does like me to watch though.... lol but no interaction needed ;) I can even be sitting and reading as long as he can see me, he has a blast... darn dogs.. anyway, though I'm not actively playing, I'm 'with' him so I think he gets that same satisfaction??? His dad roughhouses with him STILL which so far!!! he knows that he's the only one he can play that way with. He never attempts to play rough with me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OR beg food from me... (but yes dad!!!! as his dad is a sap for him) Anyway, another thing that someone here (sorry, so much great info I never remember who gives what ) suggested this stuff called Pet Corrector.. Did wonders for her, and!!!!!!!!!!!! I was having jumping on my grandson issues that were making us all crazy so I got some and I tried it... marvelous!!! you'll have to look it up and read as it will be explained well. No pain, no touch, just a air spray SOUND (not towards or directed at dog) that you use with undesirable behavior. Your guy may be too young, but read up on it. If he's spookie, I don't think I would want to use,,, (I mean unusually spookie as these guys are so touchy ) but Hank just turned around and looked for the noise, jumped again, 'looked for the noise' and that was that... sooooooooooo, just a thought...

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

Not sure its dominance quite yet, Bully's play hard, and Ellie gets "pawy" as we call it, she will do this after we have a play session and daddy is petting her butt and he stops, she will paw at him and try to climb his arm, so daddy ignores her "bad" behavior (gets up and walks away) - or gets a quick time out.

Playtime - I know its summer time, but are you able to take Chevy for short walks and burn some of his energy, refresh my memory, is he playing fetch?? Ellie loves playing it, but she does not give me the ball when she comes back, and I have chase her, and pry it from her mouth, and she still has toys that make her NUTTY, that she is only allowed to play with for a short time, like her Jolly Balls, look into them for Chevy, doggies go crazy for them

Does Chevy have all of his puppy shots yet?? As once he does, the best thing we did for Ellie, was AKC Puppy Kindergarten classes, they challenged Ellie mentally which also tired her out, and was time we got to spend together, and Ellie started learning her manners, coupled with her time out when she misbehaving, did her good

ok, hope I answered this well, have foggy brain...end of day, Must get sleep!! :)

Most Reactions