What types of anxiety drugs have you used?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If you heard Rogan and then Emmitt you would ā€œcop outā€. Hyperventilating in a dog is what killed Rogan. It built up fluid in his lung carrying over to his heart. He became so bad so fast had you been in our shoes you would had given Emmitt the best you have to calm him down. Take a walk? Helene had I had you wealth of knowledge I would write a series of books. Iā€™m sure you already have. Donā€™t speak down to someone until you have walked in their shoes. I questioned the group for support. Never again.

Oh no no, it probably came out wrong or misread as I wasnā€™t putting you or anyone down. I recently lost Duke, trust me I did walk your shoes. Exact same way as I had to go to this 24/7 emergency clinic n this un-experience flat nose vet which re-entered the breathing tube back in his throat n Duke wasnā€™t fully sedated. He basically fought the tube n he ended up ripping his airway. I regret everyday bringing him to that clinic. Duke was a very hyper bully as most knows. When I said cop out what I was trying to say is what worked with Duke is burn his energy. Vets tends to give pills and/or wonā€™t suggest other options. I was trying to give you another option before trying pills or have him babysat with someone he knows. Winters In Canada are bad so I canā€™t walk my dogs every single day. example... What I do in our winters I burn their energy in the backyard. I will throw them their balls, toys, and use their ā€œchuck itā€ which are fantastic to make them run or I even trot with them. I do understand some owners canā€™t do all that either. One of my neighbors is in her 70ā€™s and canā€™t do all that so I recently found out she hired a person that walks dogs. Which is perfect for her. so what Iā€™m trying to say, dogs just like humans if you burn energy in any ā€œwhich way ā€œ you will see a big difference. But at the end of the day, itā€™s your dog n you do what you have to do. This site is to help n give suggestions, ideas and what members did that worked for their dogs. Just like what I suggested burning energy before giving pills. As it does work. Again sorry for the misunderstanding as most knows Iā€™m so not for pills but more on the holistic side.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
If you heard Rogan and then Emmitt you would ā€œcop outā€. Hyperventilating in a dog is what killed Rogan. It built up fluid in his lung carrying over to his heart. He became so bad so fast had you been in our shoes you would had given Emmitt the best you have to calm him down. Take a walk? Helene had I had you wealth of knowledge I would write a series of books. Iā€™m sure you already have. Donā€™t speak down to someone until you have walked in their shoes. I questioned the group for support. Never again.

Please don't give up on the group. We are here to support and listen. I too do pills when it is needed. Right now my mixed Missy is dying from congestive heart failure and is on 3 meds. Stay with us, we do understand and will support you in whatever you do. :grouphug:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes, [MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION] is correct, we are all here to support everyone. Iā€™ve been in your shoes..... But when I read someone gave pain pills to a dog thatā€™s not from a vet, I worry. Donā€™t get me wrong this is for any dog not just yours. Giving pain meds to ā€œanyā€ dog can backfire. Can work on one dog but not the other. Why itā€™s very important any dog that takes or tryā€™s pain pills, sees a vet for guidance.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

EASY... we are here for support!! Absolutely

Talk with the vet and explain exactly as you did here, they know your situation and recent loss. Xanax may work... I use to give that to Banks for long car rides as she hated the car and would became riddled in anxiety, panting for hours. The Xanax calmed her to where the pants were limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

You can also give Trazodone to help calm him down and take the edge off. I don't know if this has been discussed with you or not but CBD oil may be worth a try as well to help with anxiety.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Okay things has settled. I got a little upset and I am sorry. Rogan death is no different than any other dog. Itā€™s just Weesie and I are not coped with this the first or second time knowing our vet is closed on a weekend and itā€™s 40 miles away to a emergency hospital. The hydrocodone Weesie gave Emmitt was prescribed by the vet for Emmitt. Thatā€™s all we had.
I spoke to the vet yesterday. I just picked up Trazodone (SED) 100mg. She said letā€™s try this and see how he reacts. Our daughter will be here Friday night so I think we are on the right track. I apologize to ā€œEveryoneā€ and thank you

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Okay things has settled. I got a little upset and I am sorry. Rogan death is no different than any other dog. Itā€™s just Weesie and I are not coped with this the first or second time knowing our vet is closed on a weekend and itā€™s 40 miles away to a emergency hospital. The hydrocodone Weesie gave Emmitt was prescribed by the vet for Emmitt. Thatā€™s all we had.
I spoke to the vet yesterday. I just picked up Trazodone (SED) 100mg. She said letā€™s try this and see how he reacts. Our daughter will be here Friday night so I think we are on the right track. I apologize to ā€œEveryoneā€ and thank you

No need to apologize! It is totally understandable!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

No apologies required... we understand! Hugs to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.