ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's fine, and luckily Animal Control never contacted us. WHEW... I was worried :fie:

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
this may be a weird question to ask but..... how do you feel now, as far as confidence, that one of you wont get bit again??? (and I do understand it wasn't directed at you and the circumstance) Way back, i sort of grabbed my shih tzus cheeks while nearly growling... "I love you " AT her... It was truly all in overwhelming love for her but it scarred her and she jumped at my face with a snarl and from then on, I understood why kidos can be afraid for life if once bit... I'm just wondering how you feel??

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
this may be a weird question to ask but..... how do you feel now, as far as confidence, that one of you wont get bit again??? (and I do understand it wasn't directed at you and the circumstance) Way back, i sort of grabbed my shih tzus cheeks while nearly growling... "I love you " AT her... It was truly all in overwhelming love for her but it scarred her and she jumped at my face with a snarl and from then on, I understood why kidos can be afraid for life if once bit... I'm just wondering how you feel??

Funny that you asked this... Walter was such a sweetheart when he was younger, and EVER since he had that anal gland issue his behavior has been strange. I usually can tell by his eyes/ears if he's ok w/affection, but sometimes he just wants to be left alone. He will start a low growl, and we know to just leave him alone. It makes me sad because I've never had a dog like this before. I honestly don't know if he will ever bite one of us... he normally knows by the tone of our voice to "knock it off" and Willow will go berserk.

We just call him our grumpy old man... Lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Funny that you asked this... Walter was such a sweetheart when he was younger, and EVER since he had that anal gland issue his behavior has been strange. I usually can tell by his eyes/ears if he's ok w/affection, but sometimes he just wants to be left alone. He will start a low growl, and we know to just leave him alone. It makes me sad because I've never had a dog like this before. I honestly don't know if he will ever bite one of us... he normally knows by the tone of our voice to "knock it off" and Willow will go berserk.

We just call him our grumpy old man... Lol

Thanks .... I guess we learn to adapt our behavior as well huh.. I really appreciate your input as these guys are STRONG and just hope nothing ever much comes up... Thanks again :) And sure hoping Walter behaves himself...

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry Tracey. I know, been there, caught the tooth and ended up in the ER. In our house there is no toys or bones where all dogs are together. Strictly separate fun for them. The worst case is when they come jealouse of you and you can't be in the same room with them both....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.