Thread: Like a scavenger

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Morgan
    Likes (Received)

Default Like a scavenger

My girl has been driving me crazy lately. In the last month, she sits there while I'm cooking and waits for me to walk away from that spot. As soon as I walk away she goes over and starts linking and sniffing the floor, even I don't drop anything. I don't feed her people food, so I don't know why this started. The problem is she is constantly in the way and soaks the floor so it gets slick. She acts like I don't feed her, yet she inhales her food twice a day.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Like a scavenger

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmd72 View Post
    My girl has been driving me crazy lately. In the last month, she sits there while I'm cooking and waits for me to walk away from that spot. As soon as I walk away she goes over and starts linking and sniffing the floor, even I don't drop anything. I don't feed her people food, so I don't know why this started. The problem is she is constantly in the way and soaks the floor so it gets slick. She acts like I don't feed her, yet she inhales her food twice a day.
    Hey there, welcome! Now who's the boss? Up to you to say, "Hey Missy, OUT the kitchen when im cooking!" Basically it's for her safety and yours. Slick floors can be dangerous especially holding a pot of boiled water or hot pan! Every dog I ever had, as soon as I take a pot out, trust me they knew to go sit or lay outside the kitchen. My kitchen, my rule. Training time.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

wow! this is a 'wake-up' call for me!!! I move around the kitchen faster than in any other place in the house and I am lifting, sturring, turning from stove to table top etc and! things splatter!! I cant tell you how many times mr "underfoot" has nearly landed me on the floor!!! so, what I'm adding here is,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I NEED to change this... Hank doesn't need to be in the kitchen when I am,,,,,,,,, FINAL! Crazy I never thought to address this ;/

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    wow! this is a 'wake-up' call for me!!! I move around the kitchen faster than in any other place in the house and I am lifting, sturring, turning from stove to table top etc and! things splatter!! I cant tell you how many times mr "underfoot" has nearly landed me on the floor!!! so, what I'm adding here is,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I NEED to change this... Hank doesn't need to be in the kitchen when I am,,,,,,,,, FINAL! Crazy I never thought to address this ;/
    I am also guilty as charged except that I sometimes have four dogs in the kitchen. They don't move around they just sit there looking pathetic and blocking the stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Manydogs, cefe13, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

They always take the most awkward position to obstruct a passage or in the centre! And they give LOOKS, and SIGHS as you are cooking, but not sharing.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

it is called... BULLDOG! My guy is the same way... he could have just eaten a whole bag of food and will sit there, drool, soak the floor and lick the floor after I walk away. Nothing dropped, spilled or left behind.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post

Remove Ads