Like a scavenger

jamesmd72

Mar 5, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Morgan
My girl has been driving me crazy lately. In the last month, she sits there while I'm cooking and waits for me to walk away from that spot. As soon as I walk away she goes over and starts linking and sniffing the floor, even I don't drop anything. I don't feed her people food, so I don't know why this started. The problem is she is constantly in the way and soaks the floor so it gets slick. She acts like I don't feed her, yet she inhales her food twice a day.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My girl has been driving me crazy lately. In the last month, she sits there while I'm cooking and waits for me to walk away from that spot. As soon as I walk away she goes over and starts linking and sniffing the floor, even I don't drop anything. I don't feed her people food, so I don't know why this started. The problem is she is constantly in the way and soaks the floor so it gets slick. She acts like I don't feed her, yet she inhales her food twice a day.

Hey there, welcome! Now who's the boss? Up to you to say, "Hey Missy, OUT the kitchen when im cooking!" Basically it's for her safety and yours. Slick floors can be dangerous especially holding a pot of boiled water or hot pan! Every dog I ever had, as soon as I take a pot out, trust me they knew to go sit or lay outside the kitchen. My kitchen, my rule. Training time.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
wow! this is a 'wake-up' call for me!!! I move around the kitchen faster than in any other place in the house and I am lifting, sturring, turning from stove to table top etc and! things splatter!! I cant tell you how many times mr "underfoot" has nearly landed me on the floor!!! so, what I'm adding here is,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I NEED to change this... Hank doesn't need to be in the kitchen when I am,,,,,,,,, FINAL! Crazy I never thought to address this ;/

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
wow! this is a 'wake-up' call for me!!! I move around the kitchen faster than in any other place in the house and I am lifting, sturring, turning from stove to table top etc and! things splatter!! I cant tell you how many times mr "underfoot" has nearly landed me on the floor!!! so, what I'm adding here is,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I NEED to change this... Hank doesn't need to be in the kitchen when I am,,,,,,,,, FINAL! Crazy I never thought to address this ;/

I am also guilty as charged except that I sometimes have four dogs in the kitchen. They don't move around they just sit there looking pathetic and blocking the stove.

818cdc016a561fc4fdb9309e6dd02bf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
They always take the most awkward position to obstruct a passage or in the centre! And they give LOOKS, and SIGHS as you are cooking, but not sharing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it is called... BULLDOG! My guy is the same way... he could have just eaten a whole bag of food and will sit there, drool, soak the floor and lick the floor after I walk away. Nothing dropped, spilled or left behind.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.