Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 27

Thread: When a stranger tries to pet...

  1. #13
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,595
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    4387

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    @Marine91 What is with squirrels?? I believe it's how they entertain themselves Thanks for the input!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  2. #14
    Pooper scooper AdorabullHenry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    38
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)
    44

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    My Henry loves anyone and everyone. I always joke that if I was getting mugged or something and Henry was with me he would just be wiggling his butt trying to get pets the entire time

  3. Likes sisters3, harveyspecter liked this post
  4. #15
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    harveyspecter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Posts
    5,456
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    4435

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    Harvey loves everyone. I mean everyone. Friends, Foes, murderers, child molesters, everyone. For some reason he will wiggle his butt off for men more than women. I suppose he associates all men similar to me as the "good guys". There is only one individual who he dislike very much, my nephew. It is because he always teases him.

    When he meets someone trying to pet him, he will walk slowly to them with head and ears down in a submissive position.

    Don't be knocking on my door however as Harvey will let out his baritone bark telling the would be intruder that the household is protected. Different story when he makes it inside as he will probably lick him/her to death and have the intruder have his/her way with my stuff. It's all good.
    Hug your bully today

  5. Likes sisters3, TyTysmom liked this post
  6. #16
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,423
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    3046

    Default When a stranger tries to pet...

    I had a frightening experience this past Sunday at Petco. Daphne and I were heading to the front doors to exit. Walking in and towards us was a mother and what I'd guesstimate a two year old little girl. The toddler ran up to Daphne,wrapped her arms around Daphne and started kissing Daphne all over her muzzle. Daphne is used to children and very placid. She just stood there. I wanted to scream at the mother who just stood there grinning like the village idiot, "What the hell is wrong with you!!?? Your child's could have ended up maimed and scarred for life and my poor dog euthanized." I just pulled Daphne away and kept on walking. People are soooo stupid. Bless Daphne's sweet soul and placid temperament.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Likes harveyspecter, sisters3, 2BullyMama liked this post
  8. #17
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,423
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    3046

    Default When a stranger tries to pet...

    Duplicate

  9. #18
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,120
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17217

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    Joey sounds like Banks... outside of children she did not like nor did I allow her to be pet until she sniffed your hand. Kids and especially babies, she just loved and would allow petting-- but adult strangers-- I always told them to let her get your scent first.

    Nitschke, Chelios and Lambeau are just all about loving everyone and everything


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. Likes TyTysmom, sisters3 liked this post
  11. #19
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,595
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    4387

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Joey sounds like Banks... outside of children she did not like nor did I allow her to be pet until she sniffed your hand. Kids and especially babies, she just loved and would allow petting-- but adult strangers-- I always told them to let her get your scent first.

    Nitschke, Chelios and Lambeau are just all about loving everyone and everything


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Christine! It makes me feel better to get reassurance from long time bully owners! Whew!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  12. #20
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,595
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    4387

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    @Daphne DuMaurier OMG I would have had a fit ! Honestly, I don't care how much you trust your fur baby they are still animals and it would only take a split second for an unsuspecting dog, minding his own business to snap out at a situation like that! BAD PARENT for sure and good girl Daphne!!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  13. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
  14. #21
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,120
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17217

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    Thanks Christine! It makes me feel better to get reassurance from long time bully owners! Whew!
    Banks was serious about it to... she would duck or move to avoid being touched till she smelled their hand. Once I picked up on it, we would place her in a sit and tell the person do not pet till she sniffs your hand -- they would always ask why... *smh*
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  15. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
  16. #22
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,595
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    4387

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Banks was serious about it to... she would duck or move to avoid being touched till she smelled their hand. Once I picked up on it, we would place her in a sit and tell the person do not pet till she sniffs your hand -- they would always ask why... *smh*
    THAT IS JOEY!! If they continue to try to pet her or come towards her, she backs up, darts around and barks
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  17. #23
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,120
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17217

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    THAT IS JOEY!! If they continue to try to pet her or come towards her, she backs up, darts around and barks
    Yep.. it was kind of funny... she would duck and weave till she was able to get that scent
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  18. #24
    Wrinkle Wiper NicosMom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    139
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
    Likes (Received)
    150

    Default Re: When a stranger tries to pet...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne DuMaurier View Post
    I had a frightening experience this past Sunday at Petco. Daphne and I were heading to the front doors to exit. Walking in and towards us was a mother and what I'd guesstimate a two year old little girl. The toddler ran up to Daphne,wrapped her arms around Daphne and started kissing Daphne all over her muzzle. Daphne is used to children and very placid. She just stood there. I wanted to scream at the mother who just stood there grinning like the village idiot, "What the hell is wrong with you!!?? Your child's could have ended up maimed and scarred for life and my poor dog euthanized." I just pulled Daphne away and kept on walking. People are soooo stupid. Bless Daphne's sweet soul and placid temperament.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh my gosh we had the same thing happen with our bulldog Zeus who passed. He was friendly with everyone we came in contact and was used to Middle School aged kids and up but had never been around toddlers. He was asked to be in my sons football parade (Go Bulldogs) and this mother of a child that could barely walk maybe 1 1/2 walked that child right up to Zeus told her to give the puppy kisses. My husband and I turned around right when we heard her say that but it was too late to stop the child. I just stood there with my mouth open... thinking you have no idea who this dog is, what are you thinking. I was more scared of him getting excited and jumping on her and that would have been my fault in the eyes of the law. Zeus was great and I'm glad he didn't pick up on my scared energy. He just sat there and kissed her back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •