General Question Bringing home a 2nd bulldog. NEED ADVICE

BeefCake

Mar 29, 2013
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefcake
March 1st we will be brining home our second English bulldog. Our current bulldog is a 4 year old male. He is our baby and knows it! We will be bringing home a English bulldog girl. We are looking for any advise, suggestions, do's and don'ts etc. to help smooth the process over for everyone!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy :) I know theres tons of members here who will give you great advice :) Lots have done it many times so good luck and you lucky dogs ;)

OP
B

BeefCake

Mar 29, 2013
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefcake
Thanks !! Maybe there is another post I am missing with this topic.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=8477]BeefCake[/MENTION] I have brought puppies home, over the years when I have (always) 3,4, or 5 grown dogs. I always tell them "be nice, it's a baby dog". I have never had a problem-only if they played too rough,then I tell them to take it easy.That's your baby sister. You have got to be sure that BeefCake is included in everything to do with the pup,and keep his regular routine. Don't scold him for taking something from the pup,or just make sure he is included as usual. It should be easier to potty train the pup because if you take them out together,the pup will usually pee if Beef pees, though the pup will have to go more often. If Beef is selfish with his toys keep an eye out, so he doesn't hurt the pup. Good Luck and congrats!

Dkerns27

Feb 14, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Rigamortis
received_411919179146676.jpeg are these English bulldogs or olde English bulldogs? Help!?!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh dear. I read this and instantly fell back to when I brought Orion home. All I have to say is good luck and may the force be with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
@BeefCake I have brought puppies home, over the years when I have (always) 3,4, or 5 grown dogs. I always tell them "be nice, it's a baby dog". I have never had a problem-only if they played too rough,then I tell them to take it easy.That's your baby sister. You have got to be sure that BeefCake is included in everything to do with the pup,and keep his regular routine. Don't scold him for taking something from the pup,or just make sure he is included as usual. It should be easier to potty train the pup because if you take them out together,the pup will usually pee if Beef pees, though the pup will have to go more often. If Beef is selfish with his toys keep an eye out, so he doesn't hurt the pup. Good Luck and congrats!

Bingo has been called Lynn has it
I have brought Rosie and others into the same situation. Rosie came is as a 8 week old female and as now a moving towards 2 year old she wrapped them all around her paw no issues but i did exactly what Lynn has said One thing I will note is Rosie played like a adult early take no prisoners attitude and still plays hard with Her Odin ( I say HER as there inseparable ) a 110 lb Cane Corso and the others in the pack .

OP
B

BeefCake

Mar 29, 2013
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefcake
I'd have to agree I think those are ole English

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
How exciting, congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics….I LOVE LOVE LOVE puppy pics :inlove: and teen pics…and adult and senior pics :heart: any bulldog pictures will suffice

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I'm a bit late here but I wanted to throw in some advice. I have a total of 4 dogs. Curly, my EB, was my third. He ended up not taking to our 4th puppy well and within 4 weeks attacked the puppy. Here is what I wish I did when we first got the puppy:

1. Introduce them on neutral turf.
2. Didn't rush the introduction
3. Made sure I gave Curly as much time as I did the puppy
4. Make sure curly had space from the puppy

With time and a lot of training, we have been able to introduce curly and the pup (now a year old) again, and weirdly enough they are best friends now. But this isn't always the situation, and we thought we would have to rehome the pup, we just lucked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.