Potty training regression. Please help.

AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Henry is 10 months, currently. We began training him on the doggy door at about 3 months and he was trained to use it to both pee and poop exclusively through out the day, unless taking him out for a walk. Just recently he has began defecating in the house again! Always right near the back door, which makes me really pissed. Peeing and pooping! Why is he doing this now?? What can I do to make him understand this is not where he is supposed to potty?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Back to basics with him... this can happen where they regress and need to be trained again/ reinforced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
"Always right near the back door" hmm :ponder:

Is this where the doggy door is? This tells me he's trying to tell you something too…is the door too small?
he obviously knows to go out if he's "going" right by the door. If this is where the doggy door is, he may have a problem using the door and is trying to let you know.

Agree w/having to go back to basics and breaking this habit asap…he may need the regular door opened for him or adjustments made to the doggie door.

If you use the door to go out, he may want the same "treatment". Or something about letting himself out is bothering him…It's really good that he's not finding another place to defecate and urinate in your house, this would be tough to break once that "place" is established. I don't think you have to go to the extent of putting down the pads in front of the door, because he is old enough to hold it (unless there is a medical issue) and that would be going a step before basics.

Members online

No members online now.