Accidents when not home

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
I'm so frustrated. Juno pees in the house when we are not home. She is never left alone for more than 4 hours at a time. My boyfriend works nights, so the time between him going to be and my getting up in the morning is 6 hours. Those are the only times she has accidents. She doesn't at all when we are home. I would think at 1.5 years, she should be able to hold it!

We have taken her to the vet to be tested for UTIs.

I'm tired of wiping up pee every morning and when I get home from work. What could be the issue??

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
4 hours should be able to hold it if juno is taken out before BF leaves and you get home. Make sure you wash where juno pee with vinegar. Vinegar is the only product n inexpensive that the pet wont smell where they pee. Make sure if its wooden floors you clean the cracks n all. I use it straight. Then rince with cool water. What was the result of the uti?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Are you absolutely sure the BF is taking her out and making sure she pees?

Kennel her while you are not available to monitor her...and do not use too big of a kennel. IMO, all dogs need a kennel to call their own. It's safe cozy place and it helps to protect the rest of the home. Try putting her in it first without bedding and if she does OK for 2 weeks, then you can put a bed in it. If she pees on the bedding, take it away.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Are you absolutely sure the BF is taking her out and making sure she pees?

Kennel her while you are not available to monitor her...and do not use too big of a kennel. IMO, all dogs need a kennel to call their own. It's safe cozy place and it helps to protect the rest of the home. Try putting her in it first without bedding and if she does OK for 2 weeks, then you can put a bed in it. If she pees on the bedding, take it away.

I was thinking the same thing.... last week my b/f did not wait for Lambeau (2 yrs old) to pee before leaving for work and when our pet sitter showed up 5 hours later... crate was wet.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Agree w/crating her whilst not at home…if she is still peeing in her crate their is a very likely chance it could be medical…have you had her fixed?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.