2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like a learned behavior... they were not home and may have just gave into all his begging for attention... it will take time to break it but if you implement 'nothing in life is free' get him socialized and he realizes he has attention and love he will settle in-- going to take at least 2 months for him to get it. Bulldogs are velco dogs meaning they need to be with their human.. that is how they thrive. It also is not a bad idea to contact a behaviorist for a session in your home to ensure you address the issue correctly.
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] --- any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

lbgoldy

Jan 9, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lenny
Thanks! I just messaged a trainer to pick their brain....

OP
L

lbgoldy

Jan 9, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lenny
Update: So it is official--we have adopted the dog that I was asking about after the trial weekend...he came 2 weekends ago and pretty much, never left! He is adorable and loving and we couldn't be happier! Welcome Lenny to our family!!! He is settling in really nicely...we have a trainer coming tomorrow for a little "behavior tune up" which we are looking forward to! Thanks for the insight!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Update: So it is official--we have adopted the dog that I was asking about after the trial weekend...he came 2 weekends ago and pretty much, never left! He is adorable and loving and we couldn't be happier! Welcome Lenny to our family!!! He is settling in really nicely...we have a trainer coming tomorrow for a little "behavior tune up" which we are looking forward to! Thanks for the insight!

Awesome news!!! Can't wait to see some pictures and hear updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

AWESOME!!!! Congratulations to all.... wee need more pictures now!

OP
L

lbgoldy

Jan 9, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lenny
IMG_6172.JPG
I hope I'm doing this right!
Here is our cutie, Lenny!

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Hello and welcome to EBN. I want say how sorry I am for the loss of your baby and want to say congratulations on your new baby!
Lenny is a lucky boy since you decided to take a chance on a rescue.
My Bentley was a "second hand" dog and I consider myself lucky every day to have him in my life! He is extremely smart, attentive, and loves me with all his heart.
He does the mouthing thing but it's all in play. He understands.
Oh and he was also three when I got him and he has done very well.
Enjoy your Lenny!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

OP
L

lbgoldy

Jan 9, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lenny
Thank you so much for the sweet message!
We are soooo happy to have made the decision to adopt Lenny! His mouthing is definitely decreasing, which is good! It is never malicious--usually in play too. It used to be to get us to continue to pet him but that seems to be lessening.
He is so incredibly lovable and has settled so nicely into our family! We are so lucky to have had "found him!"
Your Bentley looks like a real cutie too!!
It is amazing how much love they have to give, isn't it?!
Thanks again for the message!!!

OP
L

lbgoldy

Jan 9, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lenny
Thank you!! We are enjoying every minute with him!! :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
He is so cute!! Handsome :) This has been a fun thread with a happy followup :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.