Thread: To many Kisses

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Blu - Lucy Lu
    Likes (Received)

Default To many Kisses

Hi Everyone!
    I am happy to join the group! I never knew this forum existed. I have a 3yr old bully..She is the baby of 4. They are not all Bullies. I have one other Bullie and she is 8. But she ALWAYS wants to jump up and give everyone kisses! So much the she races the other dogs to get to me or my husband OR she we kiss you so fast and hard that she almost drowns you and her tongue is like sand paper or head butts you...lol. I have to pull her off of me and stop her so the others can come and say "Hi" to us when we get home.
    How do I get her to slow down and give soft nice kisses and not act like a wild animal..?

I never had this problem with none of my other dogs..Its like she is lacking attention but honestly, she gets more then the others by far!

Any advice?
    Diane

2. Likes Jersey, Bo'sMamaGirl, 2BullyMama liked this post

Default Re: To many Kisses

Let her love you, . I would just put up w it how exciting for her to show you such affection!

4. Likes Jersey, helsonwheels liked this post
    My name is Jersey! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jersey
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Lol!!! I agree! How sweet!! My girl Jersey does the "Head Butt Kisses" too! The head butt with a chomp. No sweet kisses here either! Guess we're just extra lucky!!
    And welcome to EBN! We're so glad you're here! Look around, ask questions, laugh with us... the members here are knowledgeable, helpful, interesting and just plain good people! So glad you joined us! Oh!... Please post pictures of your babies!! We LOVE pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by dsato View Post
    Hi Everyone!
    I am happy to join the group! I never knew this forum existed. I have a 3yr old bully..She is the baby of 4. They are not all Bullies. I have one other Bullie and she is 8. But she ALWAYS wants to jump up and give everyone kisses! So much the she races the other dogs to get to me or my husband OR she we kiss you so fast and hard that she almost drowns you and her tongue is like sand paper or head butts you...lol. I have to pull her off of me and stop her so the others can come and say "Hi" to us when we get home.
    How do I get her to slow down and give soft nice kisses and not act like a wild animal..?

I never had this problem with none of my other dogs..Its like she is lacking attention but honestly, she gets more then the others by far!

Any advice?
    Diane

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

I am awoke at app 5 am every single day by all past and present Bullies with the same problem in competition with a 110 Cane Corso a Siberian husky , a Malamute / lab mix and a 3 legged Airedale. Now that is the start of the day this will continue the rest of the day then there is a play time on the bed at bed time and by the way they tell Me it is bed time at app 9 pm .
    Rosie -026-jpgand Odin are by far the most affectionate, both have jowls and big soft tongues, all there doing is showing you that you are it in there life PERIOD, it is the breed pure and simple as a matter of fact if I do not get that affection from any of my Bulldogs it is to Me something is up maybe with there health Enjoy the other dogs get there love from Me but Rosie and Odin usually muscle there way in first Rosie at the top of that pile .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

to EBN! This is a great place to be! I have never been able to calm my bulldogs down when I come home! Never had dogs who got so emotional! Guess it should be considered a great compliment!! Don't bend down! If your short-turn your back!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

yup, let her love you. It is all good.

Isn't there a current song like that?
    Hug your bully today

9. Likes MFrey2012 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

She just loves you sooooooooo much she has to get there first. My two race to get to me too and then when one is getting loves the other comes over to push them out of the way. It is just how some of them are.

to EBN!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

11. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the group!

Quote Originally Posted by dsato View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Any advice?
    Diane

She is certainly glad to see you but you can train her to greet you in a less demanding manner. You could try bringing treats when you arrive home. Make her sit to get a treat or sit to get your affection.

Good luck!
    Kalyn, mom to rescue boys:
    English Bulldog, DOB: March 3, 2010, rescued May 26, 2014
    American Cocker Spaniel, DOB: September 25, 2010, rescued June 1, 2011

Remove Ads