Help Needed! To many Kisses

dsato

Dec 18, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Blu - Lucy Lu
Hi Everyone!
I am happy to join the group! I never knew this forum existed. I have a 3yr old bully..She is the baby of 4. They are not all Bullies. I have one other Bullie and she is 8. But she ALWAYS wants to jump up and give everyone kisses! So much the she races the other dogs to get to me or my husband OR she we kiss you so fast and hard that she almost drowns you and her tongue is like sand paper or head butts you...lol. I have to pull her off of me and stop her so the others can come and say "Hi" to us when we get home.
How do I get her to slow down and give soft nice kisses and not act like a wild animal..? :(

I never had this problem with none of my other dogs..Its like she is lacking attention but honestly, she gets more then the others by far!

Any advice?
Diane

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Lol!!! I agree! How sweet!! My girl Jersey does the "Head Butt Kisses" too! The head butt with a chomp. No sweet kisses here either! Guess we're just extra lucky!!
And welcome to EBN! We're so glad you're here! Look around, ask questions, laugh with us... the members here are knowledgeable, helpful, interesting and just plain good people! So glad you joined us! Oh!... Please post pictures of your babies!! We LOVE pictures! :welcome4::welcome::dance2::dance::dance4::jumpdance::jumpdance::dancing::welcome3:

Hi Everyone!
I am happy to join the group! I never knew this forum existed. I have a 3yr old bully..She is the baby of 4. They are not all Bullies. I have one other Bullie and she is 8. But she ALWAYS wants to jump up and give everyone kisses! So much the she races the other dogs to get to me or my husband OR she we kiss you so fast and hard that she almost drowns you and her tongue is like sand paper or head butts you...lol. I have to pull her off of me and stop her so the others can come and say "Hi" to us when we get home.
How do I get her to slow down and give soft nice kisses and not act like a wild animal..? :(

I never had this problem with none of my other dogs..Its like she is lacking attention but honestly, she gets more then the others by far!

Any advice?
Diane

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I am awoke at app 5 am every single day by all past and present Bullies with the same problem in competition with a 110 Cane Corso a Siberian husky , a Malamute / lab mix and a 3 legged Airedale. Now that is the start of the day this will continue the rest of the day then there is a play time on the bed at bed time and by the way they tell Me it is bed time at app 9 pm .
Rosie 026.jpgand Odin are by far the most affectionate, both have jowls and big soft tongues, all there doing is showing you that you are it in there life PERIOD, it is the breed pure and simple as a matter of fact if I do not get that affection from any of my Bulldogs it is to Me something is up maybe with there health Enjoy the other dogs get there love from Me but Rosie and Odin usually muscle there way in first Rosie at the top of that pile .

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome:to EBN! This is a great place to be! I have never been able to calm my bulldogs down when I come home! Never had dogs who got so emotional! Guess it should be considered a great compliment!! Don't bend down! If your short-turn your back!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She just loves you sooooooooo much she has to get there first. My two race to get to me too and then when one is getting loves the other comes over to push them out of the way. It is just how some of them are.

:welcome3: to EBN!

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
:welcome4: :nice2meetu: :hiya: :welcome: :smileywelcome: :welcome3:
Welcome to the group!

Hi Everyone!

Any advice?
Diane

She is certainly glad to see you but you can train her to greet you in a less demanding manner. You could try bringing treats when you arrive home. Make her sit to get a treat or sit to get your affection.

Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.