Defecating in the House!

Kingdoey

Apr 6, 2016
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi.

So for probably the last week I have come down every morning to find feces and urine everywhere in my kitchen.

Over the last few years Winston has occasionally had an accident which is fine. However he is house trained and this sort of event is a rareity.

I am at my wits end with it. He has just had a checkup at the vet and is healthy, no problems. The back door is open most of the evening before we go to bed so he had always just come in and out to go to toilet as he pleases. The last few nights i have made a point of going out with him just before bed to ensure he does a wee and poo. Which he has. Yet i am still coming down to mess every morning!

I really dont know whats going on with him. Any ideas am in desperate need of help!

Thanks

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Is it solid poop? Increased urination is usually a sign of a uti.

Do you leave food out?

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Has anything changed in Winston's routine? I find with Sgt. if his routine is adjusted sometimes he forgets the rules :eek:
I make sure he goes out right before bed and then he goes out again first thing in the morning. He is such a creature of habit, literally 30 minutes can throw him off. I also bumped his dinner time up a while back which really seemed to help. He had time after dinner to do his business so he didn't have to go through the night. Does Winston go for walks? I also noticed that if I miss a walk with Sgt. he is more likely to have an accident in the house...I honestly think it's just because he is ticked off about not getting out for his stroll...but the vet told us it could also be just a change in routine. Dogs are suckers for routine I tell ya!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with the others.... has anything in the household changed?

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
Hi.

So for probably the last week I have come down every morning to find feces and urine everywhere in my kitchen.

Over the last few years Winston has occasionally had an accident which is fine. However he is house trained and this sort of event is a rareity.

I am at my wits end with it. He has just had a checkup at the vet and is healthy, no problems. The back door is open most of the evening before we go to bed so he had always just come in and out to go to toilet as he pleases. The last few nights i have made a point of going out with him just before bed to ensure he does a wee and poo. Which he has. Yet i am still coming down to mess every morning!

I really dont know whats going on with him. Any ideas am in desperate need of help!

Thanks
I'm having the same issue...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Kennel the dogs when not being monitored.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
How old is Winston? How often/how many times does he go out during the day?
It's either behavioral, diet or medical...

Did you see the vet before this started or while it was going on? I would put a call in to the vet again, just to thoroughly go over what could be causing this to rule out anything medical.

CindyandAlice

Feb 10, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Alice
I am having the exact same issue! Also at my wits end :( Alice gets walks after meals but every night for the last 5 night I get up to a pile in the living room! ( the smell is horrible!! )

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am having the exact same issue! Also at my wits end :( Alice gets walks after meals but every night for the last 5 night I get up to a pile in the living room! ( the smell is horrible!! )

Has anything changed.... food, routine, etc?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
See post 6...
And yes, poop stinks really bad.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.