4 month old puppy pees when you speak to her

Stephparker

Nov 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nala
My female 4 month old English bulldog urinates when you speak to her. She will go outside and potty and as soon as you let her in (I just open the door and say come on Nala) she squats and pees. She will be laying in the floor and you go to pet her or say anything to her she pees. She stays in her pen all night with no accidents, I go to let her out and she pees everywhere. She acts like she is skiddish, she cowers down and just pees. Is there an underlying issue? She didn't do this when I first got her.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My female 4 month old English bulldog urinates when you speak to her. She will go outside and potty and as soon as you let her in (I just open the door and say come on Nala) she squats and pees. She will be laying in the floor and you go to pet her or say anything to her she pees. She stays in her pen all night with no accidents, I go to let her out and she pees everywhere. She acts like she is skiddish, she cowers down and just pees. Is there an underlying issue? She didn't do this when I first got her.

I've not experienced this with my dog, but it does sound like she is very submissive. It sounds like she needs a confidence boost! What do you know about her life before you got her? I'll tag a few members who have more experience with this breed. I had a cocker spaniel who used to do that, but it is common in that breed. I can understand the frustration, because I lived it with that dog. However, a dog that is that fearful can be a problem later. You definitely came to the right place for help!

OP
S

Stephparker

Nov 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nala
I've not experienced this with my dog, but it does sound like she is very submissive. It sounds like she needs a confidence boost! What do you know about her life before you got her? I'll tag a few members who have more experience with this breed. I had a cocker spaniel who used to do that, but it is common in that breed. I can understand the frustration, because I lived it with that dog. However, a dog that is that fearful can be a problem later. You definitely came to the right place for help!
She came from a wonderful breeder. Very well loved and cared for. Is she scared? I don't know.. it drives me nuts to have to clean up pee all the time! I just want to make sure she doesn't have an "issue". Should I take her to the vet?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I had a female GS that did this. I had to not talk to her at all when we first came into sight of her and let her get used to us being there, then talk calmly to her and that prevented her from peeing. If we were excited when we first saw her or company came over and there was a lot of commotion, she would pee a river.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] said it bang on. Avoid saying anything when you first see her. Walk around like ignoring her. Open your door so she can go out and do her business. Don't baby talk. Do this till she stops as she she will.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.