Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
Hi all,

Mr. Brink had a vet appt today and he went nuts after the vet did a dry eye test and then booty squeeze ontop of the reason we actully went to check his feet -.- long story short he is required to have a muzzle now for visits and I figured if ask if anyone has suggestions since it's harder to fit a smush face. It can be open or closed front he doesn't have any issues other than letting vets know he doesn't like things with his mouth.

Also looking for any step in harness ideas (bonus if it has a handle) so we can control and hold our 67lb baby better when he is uncomfortable since that's the only tI'm he isn't just a snoring pile of mush that let's you do whatever to him.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We had a basket muzzle for our American Bulldog when she started attacking our cats, although she never actually hurt them. Her nose was a bit longer but I would think it would work for an EB. Just as an example.....English Bulldog 13"-3" Leather Basket Dog Muzzle Boxer American Bulldog 2 colors | eBay

Note to add, we later found out our AB had a brain tumor and she soon after started having seizures, poor girl. Not her fault.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi all,

Mr. Brink had a vet appt today and he went nuts after the vet did a dry eye test and then booty squeeze ontop of the reason we actully went to check his feet -.- long story short he is required to have a muzzle now for visits and I figured if ask if anyone has suggestions since it's harder to fit a smush face. It can be open or closed front he doesn't have any issues other than letting vets know he doesn't like things with his mouth.

Also looking for any step in harness ideas (bonus if it has a handle) so we can control and hold our 67lb baby better when he is uncomfortable since that's the only tI'm he isn't just a snoring pile of mush that let's you do whatever to him.

Hi, I don't have any experience with muzzles, so can't recommend one, but we use the K9 Julius Harnesses, and they have a handle. They are easy to put on with Velcro are light weight. You can order them on line from the K9 Julius website, or from Amazon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 144

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi, I don't have any experience with muzzles, so can't recommend one, but we use the K9 Julius Harnesses, and they have a handle. They are easy to put on with Velcro are light weight. You can order them on line from the K9 Julius website, or from Amazon.

Im debating buying one. They seem bulky. Are they comfortable in them? How is it inethe summer as they look thick. I want to buy one but not sure.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Im debating buying one. They seem bulky. Are they comfortable in them? How is it inethe summer as they look thick. I want to buy one but not sure.

we love our Julius Harnesses, and I know others on here also have them and love them. They are really lightweight, about 2 lbs, they are really easy to put on and take off, and they are super comfortable on the chest. They have a handle for better handling, especially when they jump up, or you want more control, and they are not bulky at all. They wipe clean, and the Velcro name tags can be customized to anything you want. These are the harnesses that the police and the military use on their training dogs.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Wanted to add, the basket muzzle we had was plastic, much lighter that the leather.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7828]Cuddles116[/MENTION] There is a site called ForDogTrainers.com they have muzzles fitted for every breed.

OP
Cuddles116

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
I was looking at the K9 Julius so I'm so glad it got mentioned I am going to give it a try.

I'm totally intimidated by the leather studed muzzles, they make them look so mean =( he's a cuddle monster.

I can't seem to find a plastic cage one or even just a less biker one lol

OP
Cuddles116

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
*Update*

Just incase anyone else needs some ideas. We did end up with a Julius K9 IDC Powerharness in a size 1, Brink is usually between 60 and 70 pounds and his chest measures about 33 inches, it fit's very well and there is room to grow or make smaller as needed.

20161105_132708-1.jpg
20161105_132749-1.jpg

As for the muzzle we went with Canine Friendly Short Snout Dog Muzzle in Xlarge which was a perfect fit for mister no nose bridge. He doesn't seem to mind it and has been less growly and nippy during things that normally anger the big boy. He actually has been pretty calm when he has to wear it which has made nail care SOOO much better.

IMG953232-1.jpg
IMG953230-1.jpg
IMG953234-1.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
*Update*

Just incase anyone else needs some ideas. We did end up with a Julius K9 IDC Powerharness in a size 1, Brink is usually between 60 and 70 pounds and his chest measures about 33 inches, it fit's very well and there is room to grow or make smaller as needed.

View attachment 103123
View attachment 103127

As for the muzzle we went with Canine Friendly Short Snout Dog Muzzle in Xlarge which was a perfect fit for mister no nose bridge. He doesn't seem to mind it and has been less growly and nippy during things that normally anger the big boy. He actually has been pretty calm when he has to wear it which has made nail care SOOO much better.

View attachment 103124
View attachment 103125
View attachment 103126

Looks like a little hip trend welder

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
*Update*

View attachment 103123
View attachment 103127

View attachment 103124
View attachment 103125
View attachment 103126

thanks for the update --- happy to see he is doing well ad you found a solution

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.